Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCI price?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WCI price?

    I just noticed the new price? How long ago did they raise it? I have had a subscrption for several years, and seen it just this am.. Jest wonderin!
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

    https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

  • #2
    Hi, Chuck,

    My name is Kelly, and I am the editorial assistant for Woodcarving Illustrated. I will look into this and get back to you as soon as possible.

    Have a nice day,

    Comment


    • #3
      I keep 5-years worth of back issues. Prior to that I donate them to the library. I currently have all issues back to 2017 and the newsstand price $7.99 back then as it is today. However, if there is a difference then it could be that WCI has upped the price to cover the cost of the USPS's new snail mail rates! ( Slower but mores costly!)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
        I keep 5-years worth of back issues. Prior to that I donate them to the library. I currently have all issues back to 2017 and the newsstand price $7.99 back then as it is today. However, if there is a difference then it could be that WCI has upped the price to cover the cost of the USPS's new snail mail rates! ( Slower but mores costly!)
        Hey Eddy, I heard that your postman has to swing in by Vine too, very costy..

        My question was that I thought I had paid 29+ bucks for a couple years now it's up to 60 for 2 years? Maybe I'm slipping.....now back to bed for a nap!
        Cheers
        Chuck
        Chuck
        Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

        https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NoDNA View Post

          Hey Eddy, I heard that your postman has to swing in by Vine too, very costy..

          My question was that I thought I had paid 29+ bucks for a couple years now it's up to 60 for 2 years? Maybe I'm slipping.....now back to bed for a nap!
          Cheers
          Chuck
          Chuck....You've got me there. I do know that the last time I renewed my subscription I gave it some extra thought. However, the way I look at it is that I haven't been able to get to a club carving session in over two years (COVID and other health considerations) so the magazine and the forum are two alternate ways to stay in touch with the carving community. So what I save in not having a weekly carving and donut fee just goes to keeping the WCI subscription current.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post

            Chuck....You've got me there. I do know that the last time I renewed my subscription I gave it some extra thought. However, the way I look at it is that I haven't been able to get to a club carving session in over two years (COVID and other health considerations) so the magazine and the forum are two alternate ways to stay in touch with the carving community. So what I save in not having a weekly carving and donut fee just goes to keeping the WCI subscription current.
            Thanks Eddy, I wish I had a Carving group to goto. And there was disscussion on weather or not to keep up the WCI . At the time all there was ,, Gnomes, and now it seems we are getting more on "Real" carving.. MHO.. But I think I'll hang on to it for another subcription.
            Cheers to you and all.
            Chuck
            Chuck
            Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

            https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NoDNA View Post

              Thanks Eddy, I wish I had a Carving group to goto. And there was disscussion on weather or not to keep up the WCI . At the time all there was ,, Gnomes, and now it seems we are getting more on "Real" carving.. MHO.. But I think I'll hang on to it for another subcription.
              Cheers to you and all.
              Chuck
              I discontinued my subscription after last year, as the subject matter seldom interested me...not usually oriented towards my type of carving. I decided to look at the mag at the bookstore and buy on an occasional basis if a particular issue had enough in it to justify it. I passed on the last two, and the current isn't on the stands yet.

              Arthur

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post

                I discontinued my subscription after last year, as the subject matter seldom interested me...not usually oriented towards my type of carving. I decided to look at the mag at the bookstore and buy on an occasional basis if a particular issue had enough in it to justify it. I passed on the last two, and the current isn't on the stands yet.
                Arthur.... I thought of that myself but my wife and I don't get out that much and even if we did it was always hit and miss as to whether there would even be a WCI on the bookstore shelf. Now with the cost of gas being what it is it's just cheaper for us to have it delivered and enjoy what articles there are. I wish that WCI would include more background articles than it does; first person stories about carving itself and just not tutorials and carving projects.

                Comment

                Working...
                X