Any of you Folks take a Nap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you Folks take a Nap??

I'm Pooped and out of Gas about 2:30 in the Afternoon and need to be Horizontal for about 1 hr. . After that I'm good for the day. Merle

Sounds perfect Merle. I vote for that.
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Yes, Merle, I often take short naps. I also found it helps to take my vitamins. Sometimes trace amounts can be important.

Comment

Yep, about 30-45 minutes in the afternoon until the blankety-blank phone rings or my pooch Charlie senses the mailman is in the neighborhood and alerts me. But I wake up at five a.m. (unless said Charlie is ready to start the day at 4:30), so I'm ready to be re-charged.
        Arthur

Comment

Every chance I get; there aren't nearly enough.

Comment

Sleep is over rated. I drink coffee, or I'd be taking naps, too.

Comment

I drink coffee too, and nap anyway. I'm also up by 5 am.

Comment

Hi, Sappy, what for ?? What needs to be done at that time of the day ? To Early for me . If I would get up at 5 I would be back in Bed by 8 . Ha,Ha. Merle

Comment

I'm also usually up at 5 AM. We have a dog trotting around the bedroom that needs to go outside...

Comment

Some times but not often I’ll nap for 15-20 minutes in the afternoon. But have found the more active I am the better and longer I sleep at night (avg 7.5 hrs) the less likely I’ll need that nap. When I do nap like to drink a cup of coffee just before that way the caffeine is kicking in as I awake and the combination really motivates me to get something done.

Comment

Hey Merle, yeah, I thought when I retired I could sleep in. Then I became alone. My adult son moved in with me to help me out and he goes to work early in the am. I always want to be up when he leaves, life is too short. Cooler in the am anyway.

Comment

I don't get up before 10:30-11:00, so no I get my sleep and nap all at once.
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                          I don't get up before 10:30-11:00, so no I get my sleep and nap all at once.
                          Holy Cow, Joe! My best work is done by then, lol! I never could sleep past daybreak, it drives me nuts to miss part of the day.
                          Arthur

Comment

Before I retired I was up a 4:00 AM. now I watch TV until about 1:00 AM. can't seem to get top sleep so I just lay in bed. Things have a way of changing as we wall down the long hall
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                              Before I retired I was up a 4:00 AM. now I watch TV until about 1:00 AM. can't seem to get top sleep so I just lay in bed. Things have a way of changing as we wall down the long hall
                              Blue light could be a problem. I have a software that gradually removes the blue, and dims the monitor based on my waking cycle. I generally get to bed by 9 PM, and the reduction of blue light and the brightness help with getting to sleep. The light from the TV will keep you awake. I watch maybe 2 hours of TV a week. But that's a different deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X