Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure is quiet out today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Not even a grasshopper clicking. Just +33C (92F) at my place. 40 miles east, it was +40C (104F)
    in the shade on a ranch house verandah. More of the same today. These valley bottoms can be as still as can be.
    I'd like a chair and a cold drink at maybe 6,000' please. In the meantime, I'll settle for my west-facing house wall covered with grape vines for shade.
    Brian T

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by uvawyo View Post
      Every one must be camping celebrating labor day
      Labor Day? Already. Gheesh.
      Chuck
      Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

      https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Dark Lightning View Post
        Got my dishwasher back on line. I was about ready to call in a professional. As far as carving goes, once I get this new gate built, I'll be able to get to my carving tools. It's also crazy hot here in southern California, and I don't have a place to carve inside the house, either.
        Hang in there Steve, The Kitchen table works for a while till YA make a heck of a mess. Now that you have the dishwasher solved, you can trip up to Eastern WA and work on my water softener. I have ac..
        Chuck
        Chuck
        Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

        https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by NoDNA View Post

          Hang in there Steve, The Kitchen table works for a while till YA make a heck of a mess. Now that you have the dishwasher solved, you can trip up to Eastern WA and work on my water softener. I have ac..
          Chuck
          My eldest son is at the Air Force Base in Spokane. He's recently back from Turkey. He was set to rotate out, four days after that silliness in Ukraine started. Not sure why he was able to come back now, since that silly stuff is still going on. Shouldn't really call it silly, it's just the premise that is silly. At the moment, we're packed and stacked around the house, as my youngest brother is using the dining area to live in. He's a medically disabled cancer survivor, and if I hadn't put up a space for him, he'd be living on the street, which is unacceptable. He wouldn't even ask; I found out through one of my sons. Things are stacked and packed pretty tightly around here, though. I put up a partition wall so that he has some privacy. That just took up more space...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Dark Lightning View Post

            My eldest son is at the Air Force Base in Spokane. He's recently back from Turkey. He was set to rotate out, four days after that silliness in Ukraine started. Not sure why he was able to come back now, since that silly stuff is still going on. Shouldn't really call it silly, it's just the premise that is silly. At the moment, we're packed and stacked around the house, as my youngest brother is using the dining area to live in. He's a medically disabled cancer survivor, and if I hadn't put up a space for him, he'd be living on the street, which is unacceptable. He wouldn't even ask; I found out through one of my sons. Things are stacked and packed pretty tightly around here, though. I put up a partition wall so that he has some privacy. That just took up more space...
            Oh man sorry about your Bro, and I understand his thoughts of No help.. And I have 2 Grandsons now in the service, one AF and the other Navy. And they have been round the world too AF stationed in AZ, Navy stationed at Boardman, OR. is a corpsman and both just bought homes???? Is the AF man in the regulars or Guards, as it seems the Guards get picked before regulars..
            I wish you all a Blessing.
            Chuck
            Chuck
            Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

            https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
              Wow, this thread went south right away! To get back on the subject, Joe, yes, it is quite quiet! Not much activity here for a while, now. Maybe it'll pick up when the weather gets cooler and we all feel more vigorous.
              Hey Arthur, Did go south and that's just it isn't it, one thing comes and another goes just by a sentence..
              Saturday here in Eastern WA. and been stuck in the house all day playing plumber. But Had coffee on the back patio this AM and watched the birds get up and around...
              Have a great rest of the weekend.
              CHuck
              Chuck
              Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

              https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

              Comment


              • #22
                OK nap is over. I am awake and looking for my energy. I think I left it in my other pants. I am getting a blast of non fossil fuel 5 days a week for 9 weeks then I will be energy self sufficient and glow in the dark. That will be good for carving at night.

                MAKE TODAY A DAY THAT LETS YOU SMILE!!
                We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Claude View Post
                  Yes, quiet here in LA. Daily thunderstorms most every afternoon, and the grass is growing like crazy - 12 inches or more in two weeks. On the other hand, our flowering plants are loving it.

                  Claude
                  Claude, your 12" comment could apply to both our rainfall and the grass growth...hard to find a day dry enough to mow!
                  Arthur

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by NoDNA View Post

                    Oh man sorry about your Bro, and I understand his thoughts of No help.. And I have 2 Grandsons now in the service, one AF and the other Navy. And they have been round the world too AF stationed in AZ, Navy stationed at Boardman, OR. is a corpsman and both just bought homes???? Is the AF man in the regulars or Guards, as it seems the Guards get picked before regulars..
                    I wish you all a Blessing.
                    Chuck
                    Thanks! He's regular AF, not NG.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X