Phone Photo fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Photo fun.

I had a older iphone, it was a 6. Upgraded to a 14 last week. They have a great feature. You can pull a copy of a image off a photo. Just the image no backgrounds by just putting your finger on it and sliding over. It is hard to believe what all these things can do.
    image (005).png image (006).png PNG image (002).png
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Yes, like fire, technology makes a great servant but a very ugly master. My wife and I were just talking about the effect that technology has had on society over the past 35-years. A Fox news report this morning cited that 1 in 4 children in this nation are in food crisis. Meanwhile, everyone wants a cell phone; a wifi hot spot of one kind or another is almost critical for day to day day functioning; and it seems that no one can be without a streaming television. Back in the 40 and 50's when I was a kid, folks made housing, food, clothes, and transportation their priorities and then if anything was left ( which in my hose wasn't much), it went toward a rare luxury; a house phone, a trip to the movies..... etc. Yup! In my opinion, technology has taken us from the 20th into the 21st Century but it's also tearing apart the fabric of society.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
      Yes, like fire, technology makes a great servant but a very ugly master. My wife and I were just talking about the effect that technology has had on society over the past 35-years. A Fox news report this morning cited that 1 in 4 children in this nation are in food crisis. Meanwhile, everyone wants a cell phone; a wifi hot spot of one kind or another is almost critical for day to day day functioning; and it seems that no one can be without a streaming television. Back in the 40 and 50's when I was a kid, folks made housing, food, clothes, and transportation their priorities and then if anything was left ( which in my hose wasn't much), it went toward a rare luxury; a house phone, a trip to the movies..... etc. Yup! In my opinion, technology has taken us from the 20th into the 21st Century but it's also tearing apart the fabric of society.
      I understand Eddy. I am from the same times. It is not the world we like remember. But it is what it is. And our generation and our kids generation were the ones who were in charge of most of the changes we are dealing with today. We had our chance as a country to do it better. I have a 3 year old great grandson who was showing me some of the features on my new phone I had no idea it could do. That's scary!! I was 13 before we had a TV. and it was a little round screen. And every one was scrambling to have one. I am not sure it is the technology as much as It is the attitude. Entitlement over working for it, Every one gets a gold star. Kid do not learn to deal things not going their way. families live in the same house but do not have time for each other. My kids grew up with mandatory family dinner and we all shared each others events. Sadly it did not take. Grandad is a old ogre. No electronics at his dinner table. Family has become waving at each other as they pass in the drive way. But we saw a lot of social change Eddy and we made it this long. I imagen they will learn to live in there world like we did ours. I still like ours better.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

I understand Eddy. I am from the same times. It is not the world we like remember. But it is what it is. And our generation and our kids generation were the ones who were in charge of most of the changes we are dealing with today. We had our chance as a country to do it better. I have a 3 year old great grandson who was showing me some of the features on my new phone I had no idea it could do. That's scary!! I was 13 before we had a TV. and it was a little round screen. And every one was scrambling to have one. I am not sure it is the technology as much as It is the attitude. Entitlement over working for it, Every one gets a gold star. Kid do not learn to deal things not going their way. families live in the same house but do not have time for each other. My kids grew up with mandatory family dinner and we all shared each others events. Sadly it did not take. Grandad is a old ogre. No electronics at his dinner table. Family has become waving at each other as they pass in the drive way. But we saw a lot of social change Eddy and we made it this long. I imagen they will learn to live in there world like we did ours. I still like ours better.
        Randy, Very well said! I agree with you 100%.

Comment

Nice to see those carvings again, Randy. I am always amazed by things that can be done now, it is like magic. I've learned not to question, because I don't understand the answers. But this is from some one who thought etch a sketch was pretty magic! And it was such an advancement from the page you drew on then raised up to erase it. I remember thinking that was magic too!

Comment

How are those phone cameras for depth of field and angle of view?

Can you remember the keys getting tangled up in a typewriter?
            You had to sort them out without bending the stems?

Digital photography really put me off. I was souping B&W roll film and printing enlargements when I was 12. Eventually fell into the groove with 4x5, beyond 645, 6x6 but I had 6x9 backs for the last cameras.

But, I'm taking a leap of faith next week.
            All new tower whiz-bang computer hardware and software. Several kilobucks, I'm sure.
            I have 2 good printers, a big scanner and a disk burner because people said I needed those.
            I think I'll stick to pencils and watercolors for all the things that I really need to see.

Brian T

Comment

[QUOTE=Brian T;n1225206]

I miss film pictures also Brian but if you can find film there are few places that process it these days. For what I use a camera for the digital works for me. Hope you new computer system is all you would have it be Brian. We got a new tower a few years back. A computer engineer and friend built it for us. So far it has been a really great unit. Maybe one day my abilities will meet it’s capabilities.

Comment

I hope that I can begin to understand some of the capabilities for images. I think that the tech guy has a really good understanding of what I would like to be able to do. In any case, it might encourage me to take a few more pictures. Plus, for the first time in my life, I'll be working with NEW hardware. Everything I've had at home for 30 years has been junk pasted together.

I didn't quite get to 5,000 4x5 B&W negs. There's a lot of those that I'd like to scan and reverse.
                I can't remember what I have for color, not 2,000 I think.

Wood carvings are such visual things, maybe that's the direction for the photography.

Back in the day, 4x5 color transparencies were $10.00 per shot. Even then, I didn't know if I screwed up for 2-3 weeks processing.
                I stuck with B&W. I liked being able to mess in the dark with one sheet at a time to get the development that I wanted to see.
                Brian T

Comment

I took a lot of photos back in the day - did my own B&W processing and printing, and even developed my own color slides. Several of my photos were published in the ship's cruise book. Here are a couple: https://www.navysite.de/cruisebooks/cv14-66/139.htm Taken during an underway replenishment in some heavy seas.

Claude
                  My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                  My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                  My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                  My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Impressive waves. (Have been on rough seas also ​​​​​​)

Comment

WOW randy just love the bear/eagle piece that is mind blowingly good.

Comment

Working...
                      X