It's not quite Fall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not quite Fall!

It's not quite fall here in central Florida but the temperature has dropped enough to take a mid-day walk during maximum shading from the sun when under the trees over the sidewalks. Yesterday I did about a 3rd of a mile and today almost 1/2 a mile. That seems miniscule compared to what I could do in the past but for me this is a major accomplishment. As many of you know, when you reach your 70's even the most minor accomplishments become milestones! However, in full disclosure I do have to use my walker-stroller. I don't quite trust myself to walk this far and not have something to hang on to in the events my wheels fail on me. I'm really looking forward to that cool weather that's just around the corner; well, let me put it this way, cooler than it is now.

Hi, Eddy, Glad to Hear you are out Walking . You Young Pup need to keep it up . I still take my Stroll thru the Cemetery when the Weather permits . I use a Cane or Walking Stick for Comfort. Do what you can and be Happy. Merle

Comment

I'm looking forward to some cooler weather, but it looks like it will be a bit here as it is forecast to be 100 F for the next several days. This is not typical for September here.

Comment

i, JBright11, Where is Here? Merle

Comment

55F at the moment here at 53N. We just had a swift & short shower of white lumpy rain.
          Brian T

Comment

Fall was here for about four days. Mid to upper 90’s here the rest of the week. August is not ready to give up.
            We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
            https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Methinks we are fortunate here at 37.15s and 174.45 e in a temperate climate. It varies between 42 and 82 degrees. Never experienced 100. wouldn't want to. Mind you the climate also restricts the timber grown as well. 62 at the moment and showers. Spring is well on its way.
              Arthur B-P

Comment

Fall in the air, but temperatures in the 90's. Sure better than than 100+ from the summer, so will take it.
                Bill
                Living among knives and fire.

http://www.texaswoodartist.com

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                  i, JBright11, Where is Here? Merle
                  I'm in south central Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by JBright11 View Post

I'm in south central Kansas.
                    JBright...you must be in my back yard...I am in Great Bend...

Comment

Fall is here, muggy, and rains about three times a day, in the high eighties .. I hate this month with no wind and sauna weather. The plants love it and hit a big growing spell. This is the busy time of the year, clear brush, trim trees, and significant planted garden. It is the best growing season, summer sun fried my plants this year. The fence is almost done, with five gates high enough to keep out the cock roaches,(Hawaiian slang for thieves) and feral pigs. A fence on a mountain is insane work hope it lasts a long time...this job got the arthritis singing. I use a cane, a walking stick, and a walker with a seat that the cats sit on as we ramble around the house. On days the legs won't work I have my wheel chair which has sat in the closet for over a year...hopeful things stay that way.

Winter should hit in about a month....looking forward to cooler temperatures.

. Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

We have had 100 degree temps since last Friday...Supposed to have a cold front moving through tomorrow, and highs are supposed to be 60 on Thursday!

I married my lovely bride 39 years ago this next Saturday the 24th...it was 106 degrees the day we got married. After a hot September and warm October, we ended up having the coldest, snowiest winter I can remember from November of 1983 until April of 1984...I am bracing myself for a cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by tbox61 View Post
                          We have had 100 degree temps since last Friday...Supposed to have a cold front moving through tomorrow, and highs are supposed to be 60 on Thursday!

I married my lovely bride 39 years ago this next Saturday the 24th...it was 106 degrees the day we got married. After a hot September and warm October, we ended up having the coldest, snowiest winter I can remember from November of 1983 until April of 1984...I am bracing myself for a cold winter!
                          I keep seeing this from Farmers in the mainland...we are going to have a very bad winter, it has all the signs. We will see if it happens. This year the weather does not follow the book the very fact we are having five hundred and one thousand year weather events ....speaks loudly this year.
                          . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by tbox61 View Post

JBright...you must be in my back yard...I am in Great Bend...
                            Just outside Wichita.

Comment

Supposed to hit 94°F here in SE LA today. Having a bit of a dry spell - no rain for 11 days now...Should be an interesting fall - we are right now at seasonal average for the date for rainfall.

My blackberries and blueberries are growing like crazy with next years canes. Hopefully, we won't get a major rain in the spring when the blossoms come out like happened this year. We got about 10th of the crop that we got the year before - all the blossoms knocked off the canes...

Claude
                              My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                              My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                              My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                              My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Working...
                              X