*Christmas*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Christmas*

Christmas is almost here,that fat olde santa soon will be near. But Christmas isnt all about him or that fuss,its about God giving his son to all of us.
    Born a baby in a stable with not much in his hands but later in life he was such a man. There was the brightest star over his head and at nights children still pray to him before they go to bed.

Its the hope he gave to us all every day and night and in the end the right to the tree of life.

Little children always love Christmas with all their hopes,Little Mary wanting a new dolly and Tommy a new boat. I remember my little three rushing early in the morning to our Christmas tree.

OHhhhhhh LOOK what I got,me too,and my son hollaring Dad,my airplane will need some glue. It was so much fun just seeing their joy, as my youngest daughter shouted,Look at all my toys!
    I smiled so much and what a pleasure they was to me, Id just gotten all the presents under the tree.

We dont want to leave out our older children in far away lands,fighting a war in the hot desert sands. Its them plus other soldiers before them that protect our rights,so remember them while praying on Christmas night!

I hope you yall have a great and blessed Christmas and enjoy the coming New Year and thanks again for allowing me to write this and bending your ears.

From my side of the mountain to all of you,be of good cheer cause Christmas is near!

Tn~

Re: *Christmas*

Amen Forrest Amen!!! Great ode to Christmas!

And to you and yours the same--and everyone here--A Merry Christmas and a H-appy and Healthy New year!

Bob L

Comment

Merry Christmas! I too love this time of year. Family, friends, food, a few days off from school to hopefully carve, colored lights, a new grandson that came into this world weighing only 1 pound and 14 ounces (who is doing remarkably well), a wonderful wife and children, grandchildren (9 now and one on the way, a good job, a blessed ministry, being a part of the family of God, ........ So much to be thankful for. Thankyou Tn for bringing it all into focus. The Christ of Christmas is our most blessed gift. One small child in a manger to the Saviour of the world. Merry Christmas to all that are a part of this forum. Thank you for being a part of my blessings as I get to learn and draw from your experiences.

Sincerely,

Don

Comment

Thanks Forrest for another wonderful post. It is a time for all of us to reflect and thank God for being so blessed. For me it is going to be one of the best as I keep getting stronger each day and by Christmas I hope to be able to pick up my grandkids (8) and give them a big hug, well, not my oldest who is 13 because he's bigger than me. Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year to all who share this wonderful site and especially to our troops serving all over the world.

Dan

Comment

forest,

amen, could not have said it any better myself, sometimes we do forget why we are here, GOD bless all and have a safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS,

bart

Comment

I hope you and your family have a great Christmas!! And a happy New Years to you also Bob L. Thks for your nice input! Forrest

Comment

Don in thoses old Ozarks Mtns,Ive been all through them years ago,really such a neat place up there. Yes now days alot of people get caught up in material things and its nice to stop and remember why we should really give thanks and to whom we need to thank. I appreciate your great comments and I know yall will be loving every min. of this Christmas and with your new grandson,he was a true gift and a blessing to your family! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about him and thats what its all about,sharing good things at this time of the year! BUTttttttttttttttt your grandson is a gift for life! Thanks again Don. Forrest

Comment

Dan I just have three grandchildren, I cant pick them up either!! LOL But Im glad to hear you are getting stronger. Reminds me of lifting weights,years ago I went and bought me a nice set of weights,man did I ever lift them!! Yea I did,lifted them from my car,lifted them to my closet in my home,once again lifted them to my car again,the last lift was back into the store where I bought them in the 1st place!! Hahheee Its alot better lifting grandbabies!! Im sure you will be lifting and holding your grandchildren and Im proud you will be able too. Thanks so much for your nice thoughts about your Christmas!! Forrest

Comment

Thanks Bart!! You are so right! Forrest

Comment

Forrest...thanks so much for reminding all of us about what Christmas is REALLY about....our family, our friends, reflections of times gone by, our current blessings...all of which get so lost in these times of "political correctness", materialism, selfishness and the "me, myself, and I" attitude so prevalent today. I was touched by your sensitivity. Merry Christmas, my friend! Bonnie

Comment

Thanks to TN and to all on the board have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Feb

Comment

Forrest ole friend .. wonderful expression ..
                        So often we all forget the true meaning .. but it's brought back in words such as this ..

Wish i was up there right now with you and Blake .. I know it's beautiful right now ..

But maybe next year .. My work load at the plant is too heavy now ..

I think often of my visit with you and Blake and I wish so much a wonderful Christmas for both of you ..

Merry Christmas to all you wonderful carvers on this board.

God Bless

Gene

Comment

AWwwwwwwww Bonnie, With the rat races of Christmas and all the rushing here and there,its good just to really think what is Christmas all about. Mine was always making sure my children really enjoyed Christmas plus them learning the real meanings of Christmas. I appreciate your good thoughts my friend. Forrest

Comment

Thank you Feb and I hope you and your family have a great Christmas. Tn~

Comment

Gene my friend,it never leaves my mind how nice it was meeting you in person this past summer. Yesterday it was summer again with the temps at 75' but this Sat & Sunday we are suppose to get some really bad weather with snow. Im thankfull every day,when I wake I know its another day to be thankfull for. Going to Memphis next wk end,it will be something enjoying Christmas with my three older children and the grandbabies. I hope you Gene and your family have a great Christmas and you might get in some extra carving time! I always appreciate you Gene and all the good will you share with all of us on board here. Merry Christmas Forrest

Comment

Working...
                              X