Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

May peace and good will be the gifts we give one another in the New Year based upon our best understanding of what a Merry Christmas means: "giving ourselves away in love and friendship," which by the way, is what we experience in the wonderful world of wood carving, so, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Comment

I will add my wishes also, " A Merry Christmas and God Bless each and everyone!" May Peace and good health be for all.. Charlotte

Comment

Merry Christmas And Happy New Year To All On The Board Also.

Bart

Comment

We wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS,
          we wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS,
          We wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS,
          and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

(Sung to the tune of We wish you a Merry Christmas!) Smile

Merry Christmas to all of my friends here on WCI message board!

Bob
          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

A very Merry Christmas to all here, and thank you for welcoming me back.
            With a Grandson who is now just old enough to recognize what Christmas is, the Family home in Lost Prairie has taken on a look that I haven't seen since our kids were little, with lights, a fabulously decorated Blue Spruce, presents piled to an incredible degree of commercial decadence (mostly for young Julian) and home-made candies, cookies and baked exotica that will most certainly ruin any attempts I've made at weight loss.
            This photo is of (my now daughter in law) Elizabeth and Latigo on her first Christmas with the Family in Lost Prairie. Lizbeth came from a frugal background and came to us with few possessions, but as soon as my Daughter Rosemary and Lyn got ahold of her she had instant summer, fall winter and spring wardrobes after a whirlwind shopping spree in Spokane.
            That Christmas morning two years ago Lizbeth was up a 5 am and waiting for everyone to get up and start the show. I took this when Latigo came downstairs, and the glow on her face made my day.

The day of their engagement I made a deal with her. If she stopped smoking altogether I'd buy her a new car. She stopped that day, and after a 30 day wait and see period, she got her new Subaru Outback. The look on her face the day it rolled up to the house was one I truly wish I had photographed.

Well, I've been doing some old-guy rambling again, mostly because it truly feels like christmas again. I wish all of you joy, health and success, and a warm Family Christmas this year. It will be for me.
            Merry Christmas!

Pierre

Comment

I won't sing, Squbrigg, but I will join in in wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas, a Joyous Holiday Season and a most Happy and Prosperous New Year.

We are being blessed right now with a beautiful fresh snowfall heading for a foot or more, so we will definitely have a White Christmas. Here in Big Snow Country, the ski hills are all open, the snowmobile trails have stiffened up and the Ski-diots are having a ball. Think I'll break the snowshoes out this week and take a hike down along the river

Al

Comment

I been wondering how to do this, now I see the place I too wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. But I'll have to go one step farther. I thank you for your posts, your questions, your answers, photos of your carvings, and for all the times you have commented on the photos that I have posted. Friends that I have never met, but hope to some day...Again, Merry Christmas...

Tom H
                http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone and all the best for the new year!

Reg

Comment

Merry christmas and a healthy new year.

I too would like to express my gratitude to all the fine people of the magical carving message boards.( I say that because thats what I tell my wife when ever I have a question about carving ''I guess I'll have to consult the magical carving message board'').

And it seem to be true the knowledge ,experience and support are outstanding.

Comment

Merry Christmas every one! I hope you all have a happy and festive one with good health and good cheer!

Bob L

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Comment

I envy you your christmas Pierre! We are not close enough to our kids to celebrate Christmas with them often and we miss it! God bless you and your family!
                          "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy Carvin' New Year.
                            Mike

Comment

Thank you, David. Truthfully, my and Lyn's lives have always rotated around our kids. Full support in each and every endeavour they had, even if we knew it would lead to an occasional blind alley. They've both grown up as straight as arrows. Do you believe that even now they expect and receive Christmas Stockings stuffed full of "stuff" on Christmas morning? Now there's little Julian Ricochet, and there are 5 stockings hung on the stairway bannister.
                              Every Christmas Eve finds the kids and (now) their husbands here in Lost Prairie in this big old house where they were born. They still open one present each on Christmas Eve.
                              I remeber past Christmas morns when Lyn and I would arise and hear whispers at the top of the stairs, anxious whispers that grew more excited when the glow of the Christmas tree being plugged in shone up into the stairwell. It will be the same this year with all of them remaining upstairs until Lyn calls them down. These are young adults who respect tradition, and I couldn't be more proud.

Merry Christmas, gang!

P

Comment

merry christmasand a happy new year.this is the year we have all of our family except our second from the oldest. they went to mexico on a missionary trip. when they are all here there's.....29+ the plus is sometime we don't know if some one is going to bring a friend or some one who has no place to go.everybody is welcome to come. Italian raviolis and turkey and all the fixings cooked by one of the worlds best cooks. (my wife ).she makes her own ravioli.
                                Jusus is the reason for the season...not shopping or getting into debt.
                                Jim and Glenna

Comment

Working...
                                X