Who knew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knew?

Who knew a year has passed since I've joined WCI? Where did the time go? Over 1130 posts ( not all of them memorable) later and I still enjoy it. I've met many wonderful people here and just wanted to say Thank You all.

Re: Who knew?

No Mark.. Thank you .. Just having a chance to see your beautiful work has been thanks enough for me ..

Every once in awhile we get a chance to see someone who is in a class of their own in your type of carving .. and we have had a chance to see that in your work ..

Iam not trying to swell your head or say .. I dont enjoy just your work .. I enjoy all the carvers on this board .. But your style is different and it has been such a joy that you have shared it with this board ..

To be honest .. I cant wait to see what's coming up this next year ..
    It is always a blessing to see what your going to come up with next ..

So keep us guessing .. Thats the fun of it ..

God Bless
    Gene

Comment

congrats mark ! i knew !! ;-) ... yes, one year passed, and what a wonderful year. i enjoyed following your projects, and have picked up many ideas. not all i have used until yet, but they are in my mind, and ready for use when i need a little help. many things i saw on your work answered questions to me, i am no person who can follow a step by step, i am way to impatient to go my own way even if its much worse, but i do love watching progress, and while i do, i am asking myself would that be the way i would do it ? or, why is it done this way while i do it other... which is better for my situation ?... you know, your carvings serials get me thinking, while i not carve, but when i do, they leave me freedom to run my own path...eeh, cant express better, but ...what i want try to express is : ... thanks for sharing so much. its wonderful to have people like you on a great board like wci.... looking forward to the next year (and me with more time for carving too :-)) ... keep goiing !! and i hope you will enjoy long time be around here :-)... merry xmas to you :-)

Comment

Mark
        Glad your here, it's certainly been my pleasure seeing your work progress.
        I don't live that far from you, some time I would (if possible) like to see your shop and your work.

Skip

Comment

Welcome newbie!

Comment

Mark... The pleasure has been all ours!

Comment

Mark, what can I say , thanks for your help.

Al

Comment

" Over 1130 posts ( not all of them memorable)"

And yet, so many of them were memorable. Thanks for your contributions. You may yet find some of us at your door.

Comment

Mark ,

Good to hear your still enjoying hanging around here. I for one am sure glad you found us. Merry Christmas

Garry

Comment

Mark, you've been a welcome addition to our message board. Thanks for all the careful explanations of your work. I know it's taken a lot of your time to do that, and we appreciate it. Please keep posting! Merry Christmas. Mike
                    Matthew

Comment

Time flies when you're having fun! I've enjoyed your participation Mark, keep up the good work.

Bob
                      Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Thank you again everyone,,I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the posts and banter,,I certainly have. Not sure what the next year will bring but I know whatever it is I'll show you what I'm doing,,or at least trying to do.

I know we are scattered litterally all over the globe,,,but if anyone is in the area please stop by,,,you are more than welcome. Scheduling can sometimes get in the way,,but I'm always here. I know something can be worked out.

Till then I look forward to at least seeing you all on line,,looking forward to another great year of carving,,seeing what everyone has to offer and hope eveyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas/Holiday season. ( trying to be politically correct! HO HO HO).....Thanks again!

P.S Hope you get every tool you asked for on your Christmas wish list.

Comment

Hey Mark - it HAS been an EXCELLENT year and your contributions have always been inspiring and thought provoking. Thank you so much for taking the time to contribute your extensive (and prolific) posts. It is always educational.

I'll defintitley be looking to get down your way real soon. Our house projects (now we're on trim and some painting touch ups) will likely extend into the first couple weekends of Jan. So maybe towards the middle or end of Jan?

Woooo whoooo!! Thanks Mark.

Cheers
                          ChuckT

Comment

I'm a little late "chiming in" here. But I couldn't let the post go by without telling you how much you have helped me and how much I appreciate the thought and effort you put in your posts. Now forward into the new year!

Comment

MARKY-MARK!

Keep those ideas, thoughts, and advice coming! Even though everyone may not respond, that doesn't mean they haven't read your posts and learned from them.

Over a year now, wouldn't that make you a Senior Member? I ask because it isn't listed under your name.

Jillsy

Comment

Working...
                              X