Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little story that I need to tell

G'day All,
    I need to tell this story, it's true and happened to me last week. My wife and I had appointments with our doctor, her for treatment for Carpal tunnel, and me to get the results of some tests.....turns out that that I appear to have suffered a heart attack in the past, and have now developed Angina and arrangements have been made to have it attended to. Now, while waiting for my wife, I dug out a largeish chip from another carving, and whittled the little lady you can sorta see standing on a Canadian 1 cent coin.....she's 5/8 of an inch high and my camera isn't good enough to photograph that size.........Now, later that same day, we were at our usual shopping mall and I decided to ask the Lotto agent to check my registration card to see if the ticket I bought last month had won anything....The girl fed my info into the computer and then went very quiet....she whispered that the ticket had won us $1402:00......not a fortune.....but the biggest win we'd ever had as well as giving a delightful tickle to the hip pocket.......Needles to say, my wife now carries that ugly little angel everywhere she goes,<grin> I thank you for reading my tale, and I wish each and every one of you, the happiest of Christmases and a very pleasant, safe, and prosperous New Year....
    John in Australia

Re: A little story that I need to tell

That's a great story thanks for sharing.and a wonderful carving(incredible how small it is)

$1402 would certainly come in handy this time of the year.

good luck with the health problems .Hope all goes well for you.

and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Comment

Great story, and I'd chain that little carving to my neck!!
      I wish you complete success as I do your wife. Health is the center of our universe and somehow we don't seem to value it as much when we're young.
      Merry Christmas, John.

P

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you and the little bride.

Comment

John:
          Thanks for telling such a wonderful tale,hope all is well with y'all now.Have a very Merry Christmas.
          Mark N. Akers
          My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Thanks for sharing John.

and God Bless...Bruce

Comment

So in American $'s what's that.... 2 or 3 thousand???? Just kidding. What is the exchange rate now? Congratulations on your win!

Comment

Great things happen to good people, keep that little angel with you during you up coming heart/angina treatment. Thanks for a heart warming story. As for you Eddy, don't get any ideas ha-ha.
                Torpidhummer

Comment

Torpidhummer...Wouldn't think it, besides, Blinky Bill's got himself a guardian angel!

Comment

Yes Virgina .. there are miracles ..

Christmas brings out such great stories and blessings .. This is one of them ..

God Bless for sharing it Bill ..

Gene

Comment

Thanks for sharing that great story, John! Have a very Merry Christmas, enjoy the little bundle you won, hope you and your wife come thru the health problems with flying colors, and above all....keep track of that lil' angel!! Bonnie

Comment

Thanks all you lovely people for your kind responses to my little tale......Our day didn't start out to be the best, but that little win certainly went a long way to brighten it up for us...thanks again.

Eddy, AUD$1402 translates as US$1216:73....still worth collecting tho' <grin>

John

Comment

Congratulations ..... with that much money, you can afford a bigger piece of wood now, to make a bigger angel! LOL Smile Well done!

Bob
                          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

What a nice story.. a little angel and a treasure for Christmas.. how nice..Charlotte

Comment

Working...
                            X