what do you do with.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you do with.......

what do you do with 12 christmas socks full of coal........can you carve it or what ??? thats what I got for christmas ... no tools ..no wood ... just coal
    ...............Hope you had a Merry Christmas.............
    Jim

Re: what do you do with.......

Hey, Jim, with the price of fuel oil, natural gas and propane, those bags of coal may not be such a bad gift after all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Al

Comment

Actually Jim,
      People do carve coal; and have been for about 7000 years.
      Good luck with yours.

Comment

Trade it to a guy who has a coal-fired forge so he can make you some tools. When I built a coal forge out of a truck brake drum, I had such a hard time finding a reliable source of good coal that I gave the forge to my neighbor's boy, who still has it. Soon afterward, I lucked into a propane forge, but there are still some good coal fired ones around.

I'd consider myself lucky to get coal for Christmas - some poor guys end up with new socks! Makes you wonder how good they were all year...

Hey Rick, I got a couple of straight razors lately and I'm following your tutorial. Thanks much for the info!

Parker

Comment

Well Jim .. at least you got the coal with your socks ..

I only got two socks .. and they were both left feet ..

Gene

Comment

LOL.. how do you rate that you get to hang up TWELVE socks? I got to hang only one... and its still empty...

Maybe you can start a new carving fad ...using coal....

Comment

Ha HA HA...Someone after my own heart! I gave my husband coal too! Can't you burn it?! Merry Christmas!

Comment

Twelve socks full of coal .....hummm .......twelve months of bad behavior!!!??? Someone is trying to tell you something. Coal is a valuable commodity, still a few people burning it, and fewer still carving it. But it can be carved! Not that I'd want to.

Better start being nice for next Christmas! LOL

Bob
                </IMG>
                Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

'Fess up, Jim. I want to know what you did to earn all that coal!

Comment

Jim...if you just sit around squeezing a lump of that coal, eventually it will turn into a diamond............wait for it!
                    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

ROFL.... to funny Hi Ho... the visualization I have of Jim squeezing a lump of coal..... *slaps knee laughing*

Comment

I found out why my wife did not get me anything this year for christmas.......after bugging her and bugging her she finally told me why she was so ticked off.............she said that i did not use the present she got me last year...I had to think and think what she had got me.......then i remembered ... a coffen
                        lol
                        jim

Comment

Working...
                        X