Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• butter molds

http://www.cookiemold.com/57-Buttermolds.html

anyone know how to make these? I really really want one. I would love to hear from anyone who has tried it! I am making a 2 part block mold right now, but I would love to try and make one of these! Thanx in advance!

Re: butter molds

Hello Keoma, I went to the buttermold site, beautiful molds. I had never seen the round molds before. The ones I've seen here in NB are a square, with the print being divided into four equal sections. I have two of the prints, but not the box. Can't imagine that they would be difficult to make. The box would be tapered, and the print sides tapered to fit the bottom of the box. The print block didn't have a handle.
    I did notice on the mold site that they molds were turned out on a Lathe

Comment

keoma, have you seen this ?

Wood Carving Illustrated - How To Magazine for Carvers

edit : i think i fixed the link...

Comment

Sorry Doris, I got a page not found when I followed your link.

I made a butter paddle that has designs chip carved into it after seeing one on a butter making site. I suspect you could do something similar only make it round instead of rectangular.

Comment

A couple of years ago Chip Chats had an article and a couple of patterns. There was a carver In the Carrol County Carvers In Maryland that made some really nice butter molds. Most of his were done with chip carving techniques.
          Goody

Comment

I had found one at an antique store a few years back. It was really old...I paid $70 for it but I loooved it! I lent it to a friend...who turned out to be a lousy friend and moved away with it...siiigh...been looking ever since. Then it ocurred to me..."Hello...your a wood worker...duh?"
            Then a couple weeks ago my favorite Polish Art Catalog showed up. ((((Dancing))))) Inside was the sweetest little butter molds! I think they were like you described HUGH. I really can't wait to try! I'ma thinking Oak Leaves and Acorns. Thank you all for your input! I am off to check that link Greenwoman! Thank you!

http://www.polandbymail.com/get_item...utter-mold.htm

http://www.polandbymail.com/get_item...utter-mold.htm <---I think I could do this one! lol

Comment

OMG! THANK YOU DORIS!!!! I can't waitto try those! Hurry up daylight!

Comment

big smile ... :-)

Comment

Ok-I have gone from butter moulds to cookie press'...I am now a fanatic! I am starting my first one tomorrow! My neighbor brought me some nice aged plum wood and I think it will be sublime! Thank you again DORIS! I can't wait! My first one will have shamrocks on it...but of course!

Comment

Working...
                  X