need a photo resize program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a photo resize program

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive or free program that will allow me to resize picture files and change the physical size for printing? I would like to print patterns for band sawing of carving blanks to a predetermined size. Arnie

Re: need a photo resize program

I have used the following photo editing software (free) for quite a few years. Neat little program.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Corey

Comment

I just use my photoshop
      it's worked great for me. And I already had it on the puter! even better!

Comment

microsoft resizer part of the power toys Free on microsoft site, theres a direct link on the board somewhere search for resizer it will be in the results i think theres 4 threads that deal with it

Comment

the irfanview link is for the two cows site. I got a virus from that site last year trying to download the same program and had to do a drastic system recovery to save my computer. The toys from Microsoft aren't vista compatible. Thanks anyway still looking,Arnie

Comment

I down loaded a trial version of rapid resizer ( a advertiser in WCI ) It's 39.95. I have been playing with it and it looks promising for printing patterns to saw blanks but it wont resize photos for posting or email,still looking. Arnie

Comment

Arnie, I have Paint Shop Pro 7 in my puter and its what I use. I can square around the pattern and type in the exact height of pattern that I want and it will print out that way resizing the whole pattern equally. I also use it to resize pix for in here WCI , just type in the pixel widths and save as is.

M.

Comment

try this for microsoft powertoy resizer
                http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

if you got vista your on your own,

Comment

Thomas I have vista durn it, I took Corey's suggestion of irfanview and finally found a site other than two cows to download a copy. It will work to resize for posting but I not sure about the learning curve. I liked and bought the resize program I mentioned earlier,very easy to use and will be nice to print band saw patterns.Thanks every one for the tips,Arnie

Comment

Working...
                  X