WiTcHeS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiTcHeS

Hello! I collect witches. I am wondering/hoping has anyone carved, seen a carving, seen a pattern for any? I have a thing for the kitchen witches. I have carved several of my own and adore them. I am thinking of a relief carving maybe? I might have to bite the bullit and draw one.
    I was looking at THOR's carvings she did with the tree's in three panels? How cool to maybe have a full moon behind the tree's with a sweet Witch flying across.
    You know whats even cooler than the ideas I have?!?! Finally having a place where I can talk about these ideas! Thank you all for listening-I get almost embarrassed when I see all the threads I started. But I really love this forum!
    I decided to make something for myself...WhOa!
    So any witchy ideas are very welcome!

Re: WiTcHeS

This makes me curious again...what does everyone else collect?

Comment

Hi Keoma.. you could carve a witch into your cookie presses for Holloween cookies.. may as well make her useful. *grin*

What do I collect?..... dustbunnies.

I've seen cloth patterns for kitchen witches... if you did a search on those maybe you will have something to look at to draw your own pattern? Drill hole for broom stick and maybe wrap raffia around the end for the broom bristles? Just trying to help here..

Comment

keoma,

there was an article in "chip chats" a good while back where a guy carved a witch in a releif style and made the hair out of small copper wire and then spray painted the hair, not sure what issue it was in though,

bart

i like the witch cookie mold that would be kinda cool, also a jack o lantern cookie mold will be cool, and dont get me started with the christmas theme that is almost endless.

Comment

hi keoma, you do have interesting topics :-) ... i did carve a witch once, just for fun, i posted it here
          http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...1/witch-14002/
          it has a spider in her hair...feel free to copy her, if you like to ... have fun !

Comment

OH DORIS! She is lovely! Thank you for letting me copy her...as if I could! Ha Ha HA...I love the spider in her hair! And what great charachter in her wrinkles! What a sweety!
            Great minds think alike Marci! I started on one today!
            BART! My mind is already going nuts with Christmas I deas! What can you guys think of in terms of a baby theme? Lol! I love this forum!

Comment

keoma,

baby theme; baby chicks, lambs, clowns, baby geese, baby rabbits,teddy bears
              that is about all i can think of.

bart

Comment

Several issues back in WI there was a witch on broom...resembled my mother-inlaw in so many ways...LOL maybe summer issue or fall issue

check it out
                bill#1

Comment

Anyone have a copy from Fall 2006?

Comment

Keoma:
                    I don't know how you feel about rough-outs,but Gary Falin has a really good with,here's a picture of the one I carved,got a little crazy on the green flesh tone,but live and learn.
                    Mark N. Akers
                    My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

OMG! MARK! She is beautiful! I like the green! So you say he has rough outs?!

Comment

Hey Mark! A witch with implants! Very Nice! I mean very nice carving...
                        Well done. Tom H
                        http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Callyann a member of this board did this one. I found this one in a shop in Maryland. I know her work and knew it was hers right away. I don't know if she ever posted it the board. I'm sure she won't mind if I post it. Great work from her as usual.
                          Goody

Comment

You must already know how to draw one. So draw on flying around the kitchen on a frying pan with a long handle. lol

Feb

Comment

yes, FEB, I do know how to draw them...but was really searching for other peoples takes on them. This forum is the only place I can ever talk to other carvers. I was curious what other carvers had created. I actually have a pattern I made from an old coffee cup. it has Kitchen Witches on it. I stuck the cup on the scanner and made a copy, then took that image to photoshop and cropped/made it b&W. Its a great applique pattern, was not quite sure how I could put it to wood.
                              I have made the witch dolls, like in my avatar, but I want to try a relief of one...hmmm...Thank you all for the great ideas!

Comment

Working...
                              X