• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Keoma
    Tree Hugging Moderator

• Keoma
    replied
    Re: WiTcHeS

Christopher! How in Gawds name did I miss that?! Flicking Boogers! OMG! I would love to have seen her act! Aweful Olga is a dear! She is so amazing! BOth my boys are extatic and think we should have one...I think they are right! The tongue just kills me! She trully looks like something from MacBeth! Great Job! Do you bring her out every Halloween? This is not something I would keep put away...My husband would...but I wouldn't...but he's ascared of them...and I'm not!
    Thank you for trying to look at my Kitchen witch! I will most assuredly post her! Proud To!

This is my first Witch-Alma Mae Strega...she is my favorite

My 3rd...Judy B.

My Inspiration for all things witchy...My favorite childhood book o'course!I am also studying to become an herbalist, so I love the folklore that goes along with that!

Leave a comment:

• Keoma
    Tree Hugging Moderator

• Keoma
    replied

Thank you for the pattern! That is perfect! What a rump your carving has! Wowee! This would be a great pattern to hang on a string as a kitchen witch! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• bbeery

• bbeery
    replied

Will send picture of my wife....you're welcome to us it.

Leave a comment:

• AlArchie
    Super Moderator

• AlArchie
    replied

Can't seem to load the picture of Hazel in the last frame so here goes another try.

Al

Leave a comment:

• AlArchie
    Super Moderator

• AlArchie
    replied

Here's a pattern I made up about 5 or 6 years ago. Feel free to use it if you want. Nancy suggested having the hair flowing back a bit more, which would make sense. I'll see if I can find a picure of the finished project. It's put away now untill halloween...comes out to haunt every fall then gets relegated to the attic.

The broom and boots were carved seperately and attached later.

Al

Leave a comment:

• Keoma
    Tree Hugging Moderator

• Keoma
    replied

OH NANCY! Those gals are phenominal! I just love them! What charachter! Thank you for posting! I so badly want to carve witches and have them all about my house!

Leave a comment:

• Nancy-G
    Super Moderator

• Nancy-G
    replied

Witch? Witch? WITCH? How many photos can I post before I bore people off line?

Leave a comment:

• Just Carving
    WhittleBear Carver

• Just Carving
    replied

HEY!!! I know that girl--I went out with her last Thursday!! OOOPPPSSS!!!

Keoma,

If you call customer service, they will send you a colored copy of the article that you're looking for. I believe they charge $5--but you might be able to get a back issue for a little more.

Leave a comment:

• GardenGnome

• GardenGnome
    replied
    Awful Olga the Witch

Keoma, I have a witch for you. What I have is a little different. I'll explain.

I use to do a lot of puppet shows years ago. I developed this character of a witch called Awful Olga. She has a great routine that includes picking her nose and flicking the boogers at the kids and finding a flea on in her hair and then eating it. She is really disgusting and the kids just love her. In the end she casts a spell that backfires and makes herself disappear in a puff of smoke.

I carved her head from foam rubber with very sharp knives. she is covered with a special liquid vynil process that is thin and flexible. Only now after almost 20 years has she has started to show cracks in the paint. Her hat is made with paper mache'. Black fur cloth for hair.

Dig that crazy profile.

Being so flexible, she has a lot of life in her. Her hat is attached in such a way that it bounces around when she gets outraged (it happens).

She also has an ugly rubber hand for the nose picking and gesticulating.

One more pic to show you how big she is.

Who is that guy?

Now you have inspired me to make a kitchen witch, too.

Say, wont you please post a pic of your kitchen witch? Your avatar is just too small to see the details and I would just love to see her.

Christopher

Leave a comment:

• Iowa Carver

• Iowa Carver
    replied

This is a Mike Shipley rough out:
    http://www.oldwoodshack.com/catalog/...h%209%2013.jpg

Corey

Leave a comment:

• Keoma
    Tree Hugging Moderator

• Keoma
    replied

OK-I have started my relief carving. I really like this! Thanks for your inspiration-this is such a great community! I can't wait to show you as I go Have a gorgeous day!

Leave a comment:

• Keoma
    Tree Hugging Moderator

• Keoma
    replied

Here is a link I found. OH BOY! Anthony Costanza. WOW. I see he was also the carver that had the witch featured in last falls magazine. How I missed that one, I'll never know! Again, WOW!

http://www.christmas-treasures.com/W...nyCostanza.htm

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    Super Moderator

• squbrigg
    replied

Splendid carving Mark! Love it. She has character! Not beauty, but plenty of character!!! LOL

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Keoma
    Tree Hugging Moderator

• Keoma
    replied

yes, FEB, I do know how to draw them...but was really searching for other peoples takes on them. This forum is the only place I can ever talk to other carvers. I was curious what other carvers had created. I actually have a pattern I made from an old coffee cup. it has Kitchen Witches on it. I stuck the cup on the scanner and made a copy, then took that image to photoshop and cropped/made it b&W. Its a great applique pattern, was not quite sure how I could put it to wood.
    I have made the witch dolls, like in my avatar, but I want to try a relief of one...hmmm...Thank you all for the great ideas!

Leave a comment:

• feb

• feb
    replied

You must already know how to draw one. So draw on flying around the kitchen on a frying pan with a long handle. lol

Feb

Leave a comment:

Working...
X