Little Shavers Award winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Shavers Award winner

I was honored to present the Little Shavers award at the 2008 Kitsap Carvers annual show.

The winner this year was James Strickland age 10.
    James carved a very nice Bottle-Nosed Dolphin to win the award.

Click here to see the Dolphin carved by James.

Re: Little Shavers Award winner

Hey! Thank you for posting! My ten year old now has the bug! Thank you so much!

Comment

Well done Rick! The prize is a great idea to inspire the little guys and gals. ing their pic on your site is a super motivator for them.

Bob
      Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Thanks Rick for showing .. to see a young carver like that does us older guys heart good .. The future of carving ..

Gene

Comment

RICK and THERESA,
          and
          I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK IN TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE
          ( and kids).lol when those kids get their kits they are sharp ( because you spend 45 min on each kit to make sure they are sharp.) I have not heard from anybody neg. things about your business practices. .....i don't know much ...but i do know that 99% of all my carving stuff will be bought from "little shavers"
          Jim

Comment

Congratulation to the 10 year old and Thank you Rick and Theresa for beyond the call of duty. It is one thing to talk about our carving world , but another tothing in promoting it. Job well done Littleshavers.

My hat is off in salute to you Rick and Theresa.

Comment

good job rick,as with anything its getting the youth involved that keeps traditions going.by the way rick,i went to the tannehill woodcarving club meeting this past saturday,which was the first one i've been able to make since dec. sitting across from me was a fellow i hadn't meet before,we talked a good bit and in a bit someone mentioned they had a beginners kit from little shavers,and then he said that's where he got his,i asked to check it out,and i have to say you put together quite a nice kit for the beginners out there and at a very good price,two thumbs up(with thumb guards)to you.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Our goal is to recognize the young carvers and increase their participation in woodcarving.
                I sure could have benefited from encouragement when I began carving.
                Learning to carve without adult carvers around is pretty tough.
                I didn't realize there were other carvers the first eight years I was carving.

Our efforts seem to be working, participation by young carvers has increased dramatically at the shows that offer the Little Shavers award.
                We now have Scout troops and entire classrooms of students entering the shows. Seeing the pure enthusiasm and love of woodcarving in the children is very rewarding.

The award winners so far have amazed me; they enjoy explaining their thoughts behind their carvings design and the creative touches they added.

P.S.
                We are ordering larger ribbons for future awards, it should be a bit more impressive and light up some smiles.

Thanks again, Rick

Comment

Excellent Rick! Always good to encourage our young future carvers. We have some very talented young carvers in our carving club. They have done really well here is a link of the boys with their awards. http://www.colorjourney.com/sitebuil...mesaawards.jpg
                  Kathy

Comment

Working...
                  X