• Show
Clear All
  • WCI Articlebot

Article discussion thread:Whittler on a Mission

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Whittler on a Mission
  • pokerstick
    • Jan 2010

Re: Article discussion thread:Whittler on a Mission

rick keep up the good work. i have gotten several youngsters started in carving, some family and some at the request of their parents. it does the heart good to watch as they improve every day. god bless you

Comment

• thebirdwhittler
      • Jun 2010

Hi Rick

I found your article today Whittler on a mission and what a enjoyable read and lovely to see you are showing kids how to whittler.

It took me back many years ago, I had done a craft fair and the next day I was about to move my narrowboat and a person knocked on my door and asked if I was the bird whittler and could I show some children how to whittler, To my surprise the next day the lady arrived with a few extra children not one class but two classes and I sat on the tow path with my knife and a bird and started whittling I with always remember the children faces and there interest shown

Keep up the good work and it lovely to see you giving somthing back

Kind regards
      Glyn

Comment

• vegasbanjoplayer
        • Jul 2012

Rick,

You are doing great work and are an inspiration. I myself and not a young kid but certainly am not full grown adult so I understand what you mean about electronics versus working with your hands. I really do love and appreciate all you are doing.

Every time I hear, read, or meet a person doing great work like you are I have a little more hope for the future :]

Comment

Working...
        X