Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First real show

Michael ,

I want you to know I was not calling your work cheap. I understand your not a full time carver. I have found your work to be improving since you started in 2006 I think it was. Your work is worth more in my opinion. If you had no purchases, they are the ones who lost out. I in no way meant to offend you. If I did , please accept my apology.

Garry

Comment

Lynn,

I'd buy one of your Santas anyday! You know where to reach me.

Ken
      o<[]:0)}}

Comment

i had the same thing happen when i showed my stuff at the festival, i have never done a show either, not a wood show, have entered a couple fairs and such but its ok, if you have your doubts just rember each carving has a place in someones heart, they just havent came along yet, ive sold carvings for way more and ive givn them away.....just because with each one i put a little of me in it...so i want to know its goin somewhere loved!!!

Comment

I had a similar situation and a first for me. It was a bi-centennial and the proceeds went to the historical society. There were other crafters and the only ones that had wood carvings was myself and a fellow who did wood chip bowls mine was relief carvings of historical buildings. The fellow with the bowls sold like crazy. He clued me in that the display is just as important as the carving (low blow to the moral). My table didn't have a skirt and the carvings lay flat. His displays were eye level and eye catching. Three tier steps on the table each side with his beautiful bowls. Didn't sell a thing not even a carved kitty magnet. Didn't give up either but learned a lot that day. Don't give up it gets better. I love your Santa ornaments and statues. Learned a lot from your tutor video never tried carving in the round but looks exciting,

Comment

Most people come to look and not buy.... some people who want to buy will come back next year or a few years later, and ask do you still have such and such? Sometimes you need money bad....and will sell things for cheap. I had art pieces that never sold but when I was moving....I sold them ten and even twenty years later. Sometimes I have a few works that have never sold....those are the works that still in my house...as I tell people this is all my junk art that I never sold. I had someone tell me they wanted a carving.....well the wood cost me $40 with shipping. And then I spent a month working on it.....so that is $1,000 but... wait I can sell it for $3,000. Butyour a friend...how about two hundred so I can buy more wood which was the truth.... so go by your gut.... The ones that laugh want a wood carving for about ten dollars which you can still get in third world countries..... so your in the world market due to the world wide web. One thing that is the problem people do not have money to spend on art..... this may mean we will have to change our ways to things people can use....I do not think we are there yet....but who knows. I do have things I made which I will not sell, I just want it for myself.
            . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Working...
            X