Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Feedback on Website

Hello everyone,
    I have just completed a full redesign of my carving website and turned it into a blog instead of a regular website.

Please check it out and let me know what you think. Would it be helpful to new carvers? Is is pleasing to the eye? What do you like and dislike most?

Ozark Walking Sticks

Thanks to everyone in advance for your time.

Adam

Re: Looking for Feedback on Website

Hi Adam,

I just looked at your site and I liked your content very much, but I would suggest changing a few things.
    First off I find it difficult to see your content because the background is too busy and too similar in color. More color contrast would help but not more then 3 diffferent colors for the whole page. Check ou DMDecoys for an example.
    Instead of the repeated head pic banner use the background photo, or better yet a variety of your carvings so people immediately see what type(s) fo carving you do.
    I find the font is too small, especially in the right side column (categories, pages, links, etc).
    You may want to consider adding dropdown menus at the top of the page so people can quickly find the things you want them to go to, in order to drive them in a specific direction quickly and easily such as your PayPal.
    I hope you don't mind my critique. I am in the process of designing my own website and have been doing loads of research on Good Website Design so I understand just how frustrating and time consuming it is to work out the kinks. I also just took a free seminar from the local community college on using Social Media (facebook, twitter, etc) to promote small business and would highly recommend any look to their local educational facilities for hands on seminars.
    Jane

Comment

Thanks Jane. I will take a look at your example and try to make some changes to my site.

Adam

Comment

I agree with with Jane on the Font. But other than that I know nothing about web page layouts. Besides, I don't know how you find the time to Blog and carve too!

Comment

Adam,
          I apolgize for the delayed response. A family emergency took me out of state and I am just getting back online. Your new website layout looks great! I really like how you have easy links to facebook, twitter, etc. And, I especially like being able to read descriptors in your sidebar instead of dates of blogs that make a person go search. Excellent job!
          Here's to your continued success,
          Jane

Comment

Working...
          X