Looking For A Glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For A Glue

I was asked to make a sign 3' x 7', I need to attach vinyl to exterior plywood. I thought of contact cement, but with the vinyl not being rigid, there would be no room for error. I am looking for a waterproof glue that could be rolled or sprayed on, needs to have some workable time. Any thoughts?

Dave

Re: Looking For A Glue

Dave , Did you check www.thistothat.com

Good luck, Tom
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

You may want to look in to this one .I think it would work for what you are doing. Dap 00442 Weldwood All-Weather Outdoor Carpet Adhesive.

Comment

You might want to check out flexibility of the adhesive. It is my understanding that vinyl, in the sun, expands twice as much as aluminum. That info was from a vinyl siding contractor. Maybe you could use the same starter strip that is used for siding.

Comment

lettering on the side of my old work van was vinyl, self stick, came in sheets and the sign guy cut out what he needed. stuck for 10 years on the highways of western NY, and was nearly impossible to remove at that point....... Plywood would need to be sealed first maybe.
          Buffalo Bif
          www.bflobif.com

Comment

Dude instead of plywood could you use 3/4" cementishous backer board like for vinyl tile applications? That adhesive we use to stick VCT in wet areas same stuff should work thats what its made for.

Comment

Thanks everyone, some very good advise! I found this stuff, not sure if it's gonna work?
              HH-66 Vinyl Cement Gallon Size - Bonds Vinyl Fabric I plan on calling the Co. to see what they say.

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X