Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Ontario/GTA Carving Clubs

Howdy folks,

I'm looking to connect with a carving club, or alternatively, forming one with anyone who's in the South-east Ontario/Greater-Toronto Area. I see all the great work done by the groups on here and would love to join in!

-Howie

Re: Southern Ontario/GTA Carving Clubs

Howie not sure but I think there is a group called flower city carvers in brampton not far from you

Comment

sorry thats for seniors only there is a club in halton near georgetown

Comment

That's only about 20 minutes from me. Know it's name? I could only find one in Hamilton, which hasn't responded to my emails yuet.

Comment

Howie the location is at the Williams Mills 515 mill st Glen Williams Ontario and I have found two contacts John Tatham - [email protected] Bonnie Malenfant - [email protected] Hope that helps .

Comment

Howie:
            Look over on the left side of the screen under WCI Community, click on the link to carving clubs. Then from the pull-down menu, scroll to the bottom and select your province. There are quite a few clubs listed...

Claude
            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
            My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
            My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
            My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
              Howie:
              Look over on the left side of the screen under WCI Community, click on the link to carving clubs. Then from the pull-down menu, scroll to the bottom and select your province. There are quite a few clubs listed...

Claude
              Thanks Claude – I did check that, but folks down South often forget just how big Ontario is. For example, Chipping Away – by far the best carving store in the area and I guess my 'local' store is a two hour drive, if there's no traffic. The location of the meets for the club in Hamilton is about an hour away.

While it's certainly nice to be spread out up here, the proximity of major city centres in the US sure would be nice now and then.

Thanks for the help folks!

-Howie

Comment

Howie, if you cant find a close one, make one. I dont think our local carvers on this board. Alot are struggling on their own because they dont think there are other carvers out there. We have been a club for about 25 years and local people still are surprised there is a local club. Maybe they dont get out much, I dont know, but we get out as a club so we have got some exposure. Put an add in the local paper, Carvers Wanted and see what becomes of it. Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.
                Carve On,
                Kadiddle

Comment

The best part – I am the local paper

Comment

I don't know if anyone was interested, but I just learned the Burlington Art Centre has a Wood Carvers / Sculptures Guild that meets 3 times a week. It's $40 to join for the year (on top of a BAC membership) and they have bandsaws, drill presses, sanders, sharpening station, etc. I'll be joining up soon!

Comment

I know there is a club in Brooklin Ont beside Whitby. Can't recall the name. Brooklin Woodcarvers - on Google.

Comment

Working...
                      X