• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Plain_Ol_Ed
    Super Moderator

• Plain_Ol_Ed
    replied
    Re: Question about selling on Ebay

I don't know how I ever survived without paypay...makes doing business very easy, especially overseas. Like somebody mentioned, just beware of the fake emails.

Leave a comment:

• stevefrfla

• stevefrfla
    replied

Mikeg:

Don't forget to give us a shot at your auctions, I have a few holes in my collection

Leave a comment:

• mikeg

• mikeg
    replied

That's a great idea about setting up a small checking account. Maybe I'll have my wife do one today since she works at the bank. I just wish they'd give her a discount on the money!

Dave,

You're right, I search on keywords a lot in ebay. But the description is also critical. Having seen WCI #1 go for $40+ on ebay, I was shocked to get not one but two copies for $27 along with a WHOLE bunch of other issues, and a few books, including two I'd lost on in other auctions. All because the seller described it as simply a huge lot of carving magazines. That's why I want to set up to sell on ebay, I've got many of these magazines already.

mikeg

Leave a comment:

• wade clark

• wade clark
    replied

I believe Paypal and ebay are very safe. The worst possibility on ebay is that someone won't follow through on a sale, more frustration than anything, and rare (rely on feedback). With paypal, just be careful responding to emails from them. There is a whole army of people trying to tell you there's a problem with your account and you need to re-enter your account information, then they hack it and empty your account or buy with it. They look official. Paypal will never ask you to re-enter your account info through an email. If you're not sucked in to one of these scams you have nothing to worry about. Paypal is safe!
    Wade

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

Steve is right on there.....open a small checking account just for ebay....our bank knew all about it, and no problem at all...you definitely do not want your personal account on there! I started with 50.00, I am not as rich as Steve LOL, and we just started trying to sell, I put in a walking stick and no response, I now have a copy of my pueblo print and a santa and so far no response there either, not sure what the secret is? You need to pay special attention to the wording in the listing heading, as those are key words that people can find your item by...I think we did that pretty well, look at ours maybe you will get an idea...7343575250 and 8212149926 remember, everything you do there costs you a little bit, but the little bits mount up! We had problems putting in a picture but am sure that was the ebay site, seems ok now. let us know what you do ........and put up! Dave

Leave a comment:

• stevefrfla

• stevefrfla
    replied

I have been selling on Ebay off and on for over five years, andknock on wood (a carving joke). I have never had a problem. I opened a small checking account just for ebay and I never keep more than $100.00 in it. That's mainly if I see something I must have. Most of my dealings are thru Paypal, if you are going to sell on Ebay Paypal is a must.

Leave a comment:

• mikeg

• mikeg
    started a topic Question about selling on Ebay

Question about selling on Ebay

Hi folks,

From the threads I've read, it sounds like there are some experienced ebay sellers on this board. I've been a buyer for a while. I just bought a big batch of magazines to get a couple I wanted and I'm thinking of selling off some of the rest. I was wondering if anybody has had any trouble as a seller on ebay. I'm concerned about giving them my bank information or information about my bills to get verified. Anybody have any negative consequences from doing either of those?

thanks,
    mikeg
Working...
X