X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mryooper
    replied
    Re: Question about selling on Ebay

you should not have had to pay for shipping,that is up to the buyer? I dont charge a handling fee, but I be ****ed if I pay for the shipping LOL.....I have eatten enough profits , because of shipping.......I tend not to anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

sold a ten inch santa for 20.00! not worth the effort! Have to pay for packing, shipping and ebay costs....

Leave a comment:

• Mryooper
    replied

what happen to you Dave? lolI did found a good calculator though....here it is
    http://www.woodweb.com/Resources/RSCalculators.html

should be a few more calculators there as well

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

nope lol, still recovering from my ebay experience! ha ha

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    replied

I've only run across one that was like that, but there are some stinkers on ebay, just like everywhere I guess. Its difficult to avoid them. That email would bring your blood pressure up a point or two. It always amazes me when people are mean spirited on the phone or email. They havent got to face you I guess, or the response might be different. An old saying, its easy to control your temper when the guy your arguing with is bigger than you. Any hoo, hope I stear clear of that guy. They should have a special rating for people like that STINKER PLUS. Dave always has a good line waiting, any suggestions??

Leave a comment:

• Mryooper
    replied

I will tell you this about ebay. If you get a neg feedback!! dont think they will jump to your side to help. Ebay has turned to the larg corps and stores to make thier money.. If you have only a 100 or less on feedback and the othe guy has 700 + you can assure that guy will win everytime. I have seen 40+ ned feedback and nuetrals and the person still is selling. It was at onetime, if you got 3 non-pays or negs your ebay was revoked. You want to try to contact ebay via phone? forget it. I got the # but myswell take your dog for a walk and talk to it. You will get a nicer response. This is another thing I have noticed about ebay. If you leave a neg feedback on one person. Dont think he will be the only one to start to taunt and poke at you. I want to place a small portion of what was left to me. I will cut out the bad words , but you will get the idea. I will not leave the sellers name, but I will show the e-mail he did send me. This will show you how ebay has gone.
    This is his response to mine about contacting ebay about the feedback that was left and his threats.
    Here is the number for EBAY 1-800-BR549
    check your feedback now *@@*(^# I gave you one good and one bad. Just for fun
    If you have a tape measure and a bathroom scale you can get the true cost. You were getting plenty for that 15 bd feet of lumber without trying to screw me on the shipping.
    I have over 700 feedbacks so if you want to get in a shoving match go ahead. Any negative feedback will be returned with extreme prejudice.
    Now I!! never made any hint of leaving any type of feedback. I gave him the opt out and he still left a bad feedback.....

Yes this is what ebay has become.........sad but true!! you would have more chance winning the lotto then getting any help from ebay or its support.
    Oh if you think they will look at e-mail like the ones I got sent .....forget it as well. They will not even look. They suggest to try to work it out with that person, or contact your ISP to block them....what good is customer support if they dont support! I sent in a suggestion that I think would stop such stupided feedbacks....They should give you a choice of a feedbacks
    Excellent
    very good
    good
    poor
    unsatifactory
    ETC!
    No need to leave comments.
    I know it wont stop vegence feedbacks , but sure would cut down on some of the childish feedback I have seen.
    HEED EBAY!

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

good tips.....thanks

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    replied

Mike, the charges that you will incure on ebay will soon take the shine off your sales if your not careful. Ebay charges to List, Sell, Pay Pal then charges you for payment, and if your Canadian, they make money on the exchange, and then Pay Pal charges you to transfer your money to your bank account. Sometimes EBay makes more than you do on sales. To agree with all the posts made, RESEARCH your product, and when you check on a persons feedback , really dig around through their sales and purchases. There is a lot of good information. That might sound nosey, but I found a bunch of peoples names and addresses that had been bidding on an object similar to the one I was selling, and notified them through ebay(20), that I had one on ebay for sale. It worked really well.

Leave a comment:

• Mryooper
    replied

search your product and then use the categories they have used.

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

Kaiserb....thanks for the information...guess I am still not quite clear on the headings? I know what you are saying is right, but have to get it logged somewhere topside lol. I agree looking at categories similar to what I want to sell is the way to go, but sometimes is hard to sit here and think of thenames of some of the categories....and at the same time try to imagine what others will type in, in their search?? duh, maybe i shudda razed goats huh? lol

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

Originally posted by mikeg
    Dave,

When my wife came home yesterday and saw the stack of magazines, she suggested that it may be time for me to get rid of some of them. I told her I'd get rid of the duplicates as well as some of my non-carving ones. I suppose the fact that I have 4 six foot bookcases of books as well may have something to do with that.

Tomorrow my son and I are off to the one carving show in Vermont!

mikeg

HA HA ..off to see the wizard...to but more books and magazines ROFLOL ha ha

Leave a comment:

• Mryooper
    replied

Wade lol dont get me goingon feedbacks ok.....I use paypal and I have not had any problem as of yet. As for selling make sure to as honest about your produt as you can be. I would not everything down to the littlest tare on a page. Some buyers will us any excuse to get out of a purchase. age for a mag shouldn't be hard to figure.....check out flat rate packages offered by USPS.... link below

www.usps.com

Leave a comment:

• mikeg
    replied

Dave,

When my wife came home yesterday and saw the stack of magazines, she suggested that it may be time for me to get rid of some of them. I told her I'd get rid of the duplicates as well as some of my non-carving ones. I suppose the fact that I have 4 six foot bookcases of books as well may have something to do with that.

Tomorrow my son and I are off to the one carving show in Vermont!

mikeg

Leave a comment:

• kaiserb
    replied

Originally posted by Hi_Ho_Sliver
    Steve is right on there.....open a small checking account just for ebay....our bank knew all about it, and no problem at all...you definitely do not want your personal account on there! I started with 50.00, I am not as rich as Steve LOL, and we just started trying to sell, I put in a walking stick and no response, I now have a copy of my pueblo print and a santa and so far no response there either, not sure what the secret is?
    The following is just my ebay $0.02 worth:

Here are my ebay tips for Santa Claus Selling, the important things are:

Title, Description, Price, Category

I looked at your santa auction it is listed in:

Listed in category: Crafts > Woodworking > Carving
    Also listed in: Art > Sculpture, Carvings

These categories are ok, however if you search for "Carved Santa" (which is what your potential customers will search for) you will find there is another category hidden way down deep in the anals of ebay:

Listed in category: Collectibles > Holiday, Seasonal > Christmas: Current (1991-Now) > Santa Figures > Wooden

This is where you will find most of the carved santas for sale. Currently there are 153 of them. If you are going to sell something on ebay search for it on ebay first and see where the best listing place is.

A $20 starting bid is ok but there are some who will not bid on it or they may snipe it at the end of the auction for just $20. Try to set your price low enough that it is a bargain but high enough to cover expenses.

For example you a recent santa I sold started at 9.99 with a reserve of $45. Here is the bidders list:

patriot02cruiser US $45.00 Aug-14-05 14:31:20 PDT
    plf1952 US $30.00 Aug-14-05 12:43:13 PDT
    heise3too US $26.00 Aug-13-05 10:31:16 PDT
    pattarn US $25.00 Aug-12-05 09:24:33 PDT
    rlawrn US $24.51 Aug-12-05 12:39:24 PDT
    rlawrn US $22.01 Aug-12-05 12:38:55 PDT
    3waterdogs US $15.00 Aug-08-05 18:34:06 PDT
    sparkleplentys US $12.99 Aug-08-05 13:03:53 PDT

On the first or second day the bids were only to $15 yet over the last 3 days of the auction they price went up to $45. If you can get multiple people to bid you will have a higher overall sale price. That is why you see people putting $30 carvings on ebay for $0.99

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

well I just checked my ebay and I have a bid on the santa...so I guess we listed that one right, not sure about the pueblo, but I think ebay is a learning process.....unfortunately it costs you a few bucks each time (that is if you don't get carried away on the listing ) I can't believe you got all those mags for 27.00 that was enough for me a second set ha ha...just what I need, haven't read all these yet . Let us know what you put up. I have a boatload of woodworking magazines and they seem popular, I should put them up, they just keep growing (the stack) ha ha....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X