Dragon Slayer Update!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Slayer Update!!

Colin I was wondering what the statis of your shoulder injury is. Did the Doc tell you how long to take it easy? Hope you get better soon. Ron

Re: Dragon Slayer Update!!

Ron,
    Thanks for the concern, I talked with my physiotherapist and she advised me that because it was a sever dislocation that it may take some time for it to heal properly. She said that it may take six months to completely heal. My problem is lifting my left arm so it is impossible to carve above my head. So I am reduced to carving canes and Santa's for a while. It is a real bummer because I am five commissions behind that will have to wait until next year. I am going to start the santa Goody sent me soon so I am looking forward to that.
    Colin
    Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
    Jackson, MS

Comment

If I was closer I would try and help you out by being your other hand.

Comment

Colin, not sure if you like or use chiropractors, but I would be crippled if it weren't for them! My shoulder was binding up and hurting so much I couldn't raise it from my waist straight out more than a few inches....I told my chiropractor and he did a quick manipulation of the shoulder (that hurt like crazy..ha ha not to scare you off!) then he gave me a thing called a "theraband" actually like a soft section of intertube is what it looks like, but with a couple of simple 2 minute exercises with it, by the end of the week, my shoulder was completely well and has been ever since! I know your situation is different, but that instantly came to mind when you said you couldn't lift your arm.....Dave
        "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hi_Ho_Sliver
          Colin, not sure if you like or use chiropractors, but I would be crippled if it weren't for them! My shoulder was binding up and hurting so much I couldn't raise it from my waist straight out more than a few inches....I told my chiropractor and he did a quick manipulation of the shoulder (that hurt like crazy..ha ha not to scare you off!) then he gave me a thing called a "theraband" actually like a soft section of intertube is what it looks like, but with a couple of simple 2 minute exercises with it, by the end of the week, my shoulder was completely well and has been ever since! I know your situation is different, but that instantly came to mind when you said you couldn't lift your arm.....Dave
          Was it called Shuolder impingment synrome? with your shoulder Hi-Ho ? I was diagnosed with that about 5 yrs ago. Bings up cant life my arm sontime past the waste.

Comment

thats exactly what he called it...he also said, don't let them operate on it, they remove part of the joint, it works fine for couple of years, then it comes back and then, there is nothing he can do...this was last year and my arm has been just fine since....if I feel a little problem coming on, I go do the 5 minutes of exercises with the theraband...had to do that I think twice since all this came about........I am tickled to death with the results!!
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Colin, I'm sorry to hear you're going to have such a long recovery! I was hoping it would heal quickly! Of course, for regular people it might, but what you do is just a bit strenuous!!

I don't know if this advice would help you, I don't see where it would hurt though, and it may help the others. My brother-in-law has had a lot of shoulder problems, a Doctor gave him this advice and it has worked absolute wonders with him. When you're in the shower, stand with the hurt shoulder towards the shower wall with the water, as hot as you can stand it, running over the back of your shoulder. Place your hand on the shower wall, and very slowly 'walk' your finger tips up the wall as far as you can. Each day do that, walking the fingers a little further.

If you could see my brother-in-law now, he can actually throw that arm up over his head without a bit of pain. Hope this helps you guys, good luck!! Talking Callynne

Comment

Working...
              X