Yet another senility test!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another senility test!

Just finished cutting out about 1 dozen blanks on the scroll saw. I *****ed the whole time about the poor performace of the saw and the new blade. It finally occured to me that just maybe I had installed the blade upside down....I don't need to go on, do I? Will they let you carve in the home?

Tom H
    http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Re: Yet another senility test!

LMAO!!! I believe we've all done similar things. Have a great day Hugh!
    Dan

Comment

Ha! Dang near spewed coffee on the keyboard.
      Terry

Comment

There is still hope Tom, At least you didn't have the blade in backwards to add to the mystery.

Tom
        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

As bad as putting in a bandsaw blade inside out and wonder why the wood is lifting up off the table
          Goody

Comment

Table saws sure do smoke with a backwards blade. But the fix is real easy.

Comment

You put a Smile on my Face Tom, Thanks. Today you learned something, HUH!!! mERLE

Comment

I can understand making the mistake. The blade was a real tiny one, with real tiny teeth. My eyesight is shot, and the feeling in the tips of some fingeres is shot as well. But the bad thing was my refusal to even think that the blade was in upside down. I just thought I was getting weak, and couldn't hold the wood against the table. And at some point I figured it out, but said aw the hell with it, I'll just finish.

Thanks for reading!

Tom H

Comment

How about the time I had my power carver in reverse and swore about how dull my bits suddenly were.
                  Bruce

Comment

Think of it this way Tom, you will now get a little more mileage out of that blade
                    Sean

Comment

About as bad as my wife cutting limbs off a tree using the fish scaler on the swiss army knife instead of the saw. Took her a while, but she got it.

Comment

oh man Tom... I was complaining about my mower blades last week. Always a ridge down the center of the cut. Middle blade was in upside down... grrrr....

Whatcha cuttin for blanks Tom?

Marcia.

Comment

Tom: I can laugh at you and myself at the same time on that one. I cut 4 knife handle blanks a few weeks ago before checking to see if I'd put mine in upside down. Usually I'll check at the first sign of poor performance on a tool, but I'm getting more lackadaisical in my golden years too.

L.P.

Comment

Well I certinally feel a bit better now. I am not alone. The next thing you know, I'll just keep on carvin with a dull knife rather than take the time to hone it.....but only if it involves gettin up and actually moving. Again, thanks for reading and sharing, and givin me some cover.

Tom H

Comment

Man, I thought I was looking in the mirror. But then again I was reading it so it must not be me. I only express my "mistakes" to the boss as she will be the one taking care of me soon anyway ;oD

Comment

Working...
                              X