Yet another senility test!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet another senility test!

Move over Tom and we will both ask if any rest home will allow us to carve on their facilities. I bought a new 14" Steel City band saw and I spent three days trying to install the blade,each and every time I turned the upper wheel to see if the blade would track properly and it kept slipping off the wheel.I called factory to tell them they sold me a faulty band saw,the factory rep was very polite and guided me through the process balancing the upper wheel. I still couldn't the dang****to work,so I walked away from the dang thing. Then yesterday when I looked at the "sad thing" the big red light in my brain turned followed by a huge" brain spurt"and saw a a large screw with a large turn know behind the unit,gave it few turns,yep you guessed it,that's how one balances the upper wheel! I wonder if the VA will allow me to have a care giver that knows anything about using power tools? LOL
    Oscar

Comment

They let you have carving knives in the "home" as long as they're plastic.
      Garon

Comment

its only one step from 'my blade is in upside down' to the toy commercial disclaimer 'doll does not actually move on its own'
        Buffalo Bif
        www.bflobif.com

Comment

Tom... Don't feel alone! I was out cutting bears blanks for my cards a year or so ago and couldn't figure out why I couldn't hold the dang bear to the plate. The blade kept snaging the bear causing it to lift nearly ripping my fingers off. It wasn't until I finally broke the darn thing that I realized I had it in wrong. I never said nothin cause I figured I was the only one that done stupid things like that! Boy! Do I ever feel better now!

Comment

That was my chuckle for the day, Tom...only because I've done the same thing.
            HAW!

\Al

Comment

Once with the drop saw, and once with the chainsaw. I'm glad it is near impossible to do it with a jigsaw!!!! Yep, I'm ready for the home, that's for sure. LOL

Comment

This is the best quilting site ever!!!!
                My ETSY shop:
                https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

almost as good....
                  I was maybe 2 years out of high school, had gone back to spend an afternoon with my old shop teacher. He and another teacher were laughing because the dept chairman (a gentleman that had only been teaching for a couple of years) had just sent back 29 freshly welded band saw blades. It seems that whoever welded them together, pulled the blade stock off of the roll, measured and welded the loop. When they arrived at school the teeth were upside down (pointing up). After the other 29 had been sent back (1 was still on the band saw with the teeth "up" ) my friend removed the blade...in front of the dept chairman, stepped on the bottom of it and promptly "turned it inside out" which of course, caused the teeth to now be pointing in the correct direction.....the laughing was to question whether the shop was going to charge for re-welding......

Comment

Thanks Tom for making me realize I am not alone ;O))))).
                    Jim OH

Comment

the only thing left to deside is ,if we all in the same home, who sweeps up the sawdust,
                      maybe get a group rate?
                      what a great way to start the weekend, thanks to all of you make me stand a little taller,
                      now do i show the wife or not?
                      sam

Comment

Working...
                      X