Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest purchase

Hi Gang,
    I know this is off topic but when I was at Campbell River BC this year at the carving competition I commissioned this Spirit Bear from one of my native friends. He is a supurb artist his name is Tony Chickite. This is what is called a spirit bear crafted in the traditional Haida style and painting. The bear stands about 10 inches high and is about 15 inches long so it is quite a large sculpture. The salmon goes with the piece and it about six inches long. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it but he only had the one and it was spoken for I had to wait three months for it but the wait was well worth it. I have attatched two pictures of the sculpture. Hope you like it as much as I do.
    Colin
    Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
    Jackson, MS

Re: My latest purchase

I understand why you fell in love with it Collin, beautiful work.

I am a bit disapointed through, I though you were going to tell us you Purchased stock in a sock company Motorcycle

Ash

Comment

That is exceptional......very impressive.

Al

Comment

that looks great Colin....not bad taste for a guy with a "socks" problem LOL
        "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Colin, I wouldn't put up with it. If I were you I would "SOCK IT TO THEM"
          The Bear and fish are outstanding. I have always native art of the northwest. I have 3 or 4 books about it, lots of pictures. One is just about carvings and has patterns. I have carved several small items. Duncan
          PS: I took a shot at your socks last night in another thread.

Comment

In my opinion the native art of the Pacific Northwest is the greatest! Back in the 1980's I spent a LOT of time studying their unique art, mainly from the coast of British Columbia and into southeast Alaska... especially Ketchikan which is the totem pole capital of the world, or at least they claim the honor. Got quite a collection of books on the subject and tons of 35mm slides. I'd sure like to return today with my digital camera!

You made a very wise choice with these beautiful works of art and you'll never have to throw the robe over them... or is that the *sock*? :-)

Thanks for sharing!
            Dave Brock

Comment

Working...
            X