This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti lawyers

And lawyers need the business...right or wrong!
    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Re: Copy Rights

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Sorry Ash, I would like to see a carved golf ball used in the PGA. I can see it now. Tiger Wood starts to tee up and then doesn't, He can't swing on a golf ball that is looking back at him with sad eyes. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    I know the little bride has had some of her scrapbook ideas copyrighted and gives people the right to use it in a scrapbook page. So been a around the copyright item a little and wonder if it is worth the time or money.
    There goes all those fret work scroll saw items at craft fairs. Shut them down!

Comment

Hehe , would be quite funny Kenny ! =) . But the solid core statement was more about the change in golfballs. I know the solid cored balls go through a compression test , mostly because they did a bit of fun with some of the golfballs a few years ago where they were put in liquid Nitrogen and then taken down to something like absoulte zero which is something like - 500 degree K , been tool long since I heard this , but a funny thing happened, first when returned to normal temp , the atoms had formed into stright lines, and the ball had shrunk in size. This increased the distance the ball could travel , if I remember corectly by almost 75 yards, they were band from all tourney play.

The reason the dimples are restricted was because of a company in New England came up with a dimple pattern which improved the flight path of a ball which increased the distance the ball was able to travel, whicih was stated they would be able to get 400+ yd drives for an average. It was band as well.

Ash

Comment

When do all you kind folks find time to carve? Big Al

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Al
          When do all you kind folks find time to carve? Big Al
          This is supposed to have something to do with carving? Actually, I'm carving right now. The biggest problem I have is keeping the chips out of my keyboard. Thank goodness the keys pop off and you can dump out the chips.

Comment

I think I'd just eat the darn chicken!

Al

Comment

Originally posted by FINGERS
              While carving at a craft show, I was asked by a customer if I had permission from the sports orginization to duplicate their team logo. I was carving sport shirts (shirt w/collar). I burn in a logo (f/b) paint the logo then stain/paint or seal. These are chain pulls. I don't consider these duplicates because there's no team name & colors are not "true". Then he picked up a golf ball that I had carved a light house in, asked if I had permission from (T****) company to modify their balls.

Turns out the dude is an attorney. Has anyone had this experieance ?

do you know the difference between seeing a snake being run over in the road and seeing a lawer being run over in the road. ????? there are skid marks showing that car tried to stop in front of the snake. lol . thank you grandkids.

Just old jim

Comment

I rest my case...

Comment

Where do Vampires learn to suck blood? Law School!
                  (Readers Digest Oct. 05)

Comment

Hmmmmmm.......seems everyone hates lawyers untill they need one. And I guess if we all had our livelyhood dependent on a copright, we'd have a different view of that, too.

Al

Comment

My nephew has a doctorate degree in micro-biology.

The research firm that he worked for is on the cutting edge of new developments in this field.

He told me they were so bogged down in patent and copyright issues that he saw any opportuntity to better himself financially. He quit his job and is going back to school. Quess what school he's going back to. Law school to become a patent attorney.

As a budding artist, I have to side with the ones that support copyright laws.

I surely would hate to go into Wally world or anywhere else and see knock offs of my work with no compensation coming my way.

Brian...

Comment

How many times however has someone been using a name in a small business and a corporation takes the name later, but because they have the money and the lawyers, they steal the name from the little business, because the little guy doesn't have the means to fight the corporation? If you really think about it, all this garbage has been created by and for lawyers! When you get involved in a case, who wins? Not the claimant or the defendant, its the lawyers.......just they way they planned and set up the system! bah humbug!
                        "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hi_Ho_Sliver
                          When you get involved in a case, who wins? Not the claimant or the defendant, its the lawyers.......just they way they planned and set up the system! bah humbug!
                          LOL yepp!!! In the two times I tried to get paid for my pictures I lost one case (and close to $2000) and won one ( I was left about $500 after paying the lawyers). I saw one of my "rejected" Florida sunset pictures on a postcard in Tampa after that and decided to just buy one for my scrapbook. It looks nice right beside the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain_Ol_Ed
                            Who let O.J. off, Who let the retired president off, who awarded the hot coffee lady the money .... the jury .... We're our own worst enemy.
                            Good point! All I can say is that if I were on some of those juries there would sure be a lot of hung juries because when the judge carefully explained that we must follow the letter of the law (i.e. "the lawyers law") then I'd probably have a hard time doing so in a lot of cases.

Peer pressure in a jury room can be intense and in that case I can only agree that we are most certainly our own worst enemies when no one has the courage to stand up for what's right... no matter what.
                            Where's Perry Mason when you need him? Head Bange
                            Dave Brock

Comment

I try to follow this advice:

Keep skunks bankers and lawyers at a distance. I hope I didn't offend any skunks.

Comment

Working...
                              X