Don't over complicate it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't over complicate it.

I was asked, recently, what the line at the end of my posts means. It's not a deep philosophical statement. There are two sides to every belief and both are equally valid. I like Brussels Sprouts therefor they are delicious. If you don't like them they are terrible. Both of us have "a truth" that is true for us. Hope this explains the line a little better. There are some great ones on this site and I "do" read them.
    Keep on carving, safely, and often.

Tim

Re: Don't over complicate it.

Hi Doc
    I personally like the statement at the bottom of your post. I also think its true, and I agree there are some great one on this forum.
    Larry

Comment

I happen to like your statement, too, Tim, but it sure opens the door for a good debate. Seems to me your example using brussel sprouts is a difference of OPINION, not truth.

Iran's leader claims the hollocaust didn't happen. That doesn't change the TRUTH
      that it did. If I step off my roof, I will fall till I hit the ground and no amount of belief by a yoga that I can levitate myself is going to change that. Truth is I'm quite apt to get hurt when the ground plane intersects my trajectory!.

Oh, I like brussel sprouts, too. Just my opinion, of course.

Al

Comment

Hi Tim,

I HATE BRUSSEL SPROUTS! Have a great day!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by AlArchie View Post
          I happen to like your statement, too, Tim, but it sure opens the door for a good debate. Seems to me your example using brussel sprouts is a difference of OPINION, not truth.

Iran's leader claims the hollocaust didn't happen. That doesn't change the TRUTH
          that it did. If I step off my roof, I will fall till I hit the ground and no amount of belief by a yoga that I can levitate myself is going to change that. Truth is I'm quite apt to get hurt when the ground plane intersects my trajectory!.

Oh, I like brussel sprouts, too. Just my opinion, of course.

Al
          Well, there's truth and then there's truth. It's a term with more than one meaning. I think what you are referring to is "absolute truth" or "universal truth."

The statement "I don't like brussel sprouts" can be evaluated as being either true or false. True?
          Terry

Comment

Hmmm, having reread the sig line, I'm not sure where the truth lies. The statement seems to say that there are no universal truths and that all truth is relative. This is post modernism, plain and simple. I think I side with Al if that is the case...
            Terry

Comment

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
              John 14:6

Comment

Brussel sprouts cooked with bacon and garlic. Good stuff.
                JimB

Comment

Brussel sprouts, love them cooked soft and mushy smothered with mayo.

Brussel sprouts while cooking- smells like something soft and mushy.eeew!

Forget to empty the water from the brussel sprout cooking pot right away- smells like the septic tank lid has been lifted!
                  My ETSY shop:
                  https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

And Sharon, that would be "Truth" and "Consequences" LOL.

Comment

"The reverse side also has a reverse side..."

~Zen Quote

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
                        "The reverse side also has a reverse side..."

~Zen Quote
                        That's what I was shooting for, thanks.

Without getting into a religious debate, "every" religion believes they know the truth, and that's as it should be. I will never try to make "my truth"..."your truth". That's what makes all of us different, and special, in our own way.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                        X