Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A question....picture sizing?

Deborah,
    I can't help, but I sure hope you get it figured out fast...I always enjoy seeing those green smiley faces on your posts and hate to see that yellow one beating her head against that brick wall!
    Good luck!
    Wade

Comment

Deborah,
      Check out this link...

http://woodcarvingillustrated.com/fo...ead.php?t=4696

The easiest thing to do is to download the software Rob suggests. Then put your photo on the desktop, right-click on it, choose "resize". This will bring up a new dialog box...click on "advanced" then you can size it to 480x640 easily!

Call me if you need help!

Bob

Comment

Deborah,
        When I downloaded this picture in Kodak easyshare it was 1.18mb @ 2080x1544 pixels and when I opened it in Paint it was 1.14mb, I used "save as" without doing anything else just to see how big the file would be and the new file was 309kb.
        I opened the original picture (1.18mb) in Paint and used stretch/skew to reduce the entire image to 30%H x 30%V and using "save as" the new file is 42.3kb (it makes a nice size picture on the monitor).
        All three pictures 1.18mb, 309kb and 42.3kb were saved in Kodak but I have to go to "my pictures" and look in the Kodak file, I don't know why they will not show up in easyshare.

Let me know if this will work for you

Bill
        ..............edit..........
        Thanks BobD, that really is easy! Note: Old Dog learns new trick))

Comment

Okay, here goes.....

Comment

YAHHHHHHHH

Bob

Comment

Yippee, horray!! Thanks so much, BobD, it was way too easy!! This must be what Goody was talking about. I figured I'd try it next, just thought using Paint would be easier since I already had Paint....wrong!!

I really like how it puts the (small) after the name, makes it easy to find out which one is right!!
              Thanks again for all the advice, you guys are all just the greatest! (Two smiles Wade!) Deborah (Okay, I can add, that makes three now! Four actually, till I add this one! )

Comment

I have tried several of the photo editing programs and found most too complicated for what I needed. Then I tried microsoft photo editor which came with my "Office" program. It is so simple to use that there is almost no "learning curve." I have found that I use only a few commands: renaming, picture balance, smudging, cropping, resizing, copying and deleting. The rest of the time I save for carving.

Comment

Yeeehaaa

Great Job! and on the carving too

Bill

Comment

Well, so muchfor sizeing the pictures.....those are great player carvings, and they are close enough to Packer colors for me.......can't tell some blues from some greens, anyway, so whatever they are, I like 'em! GREAT! THEY WILL BE LOVED/

Al

Comment

Thanks guys, glad you like my football players! I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I hear how he likes them!

By the way, Bill, that duck is looking great!!

Paul, I'm with you, I want the easiest, faster way of doing things (I can make things more complicated than necessary, all by myself, don't need complicated to start with!) I'd rather spend my time carving, too!!

Thanks again for the compliments and the help! Deborah

Comment

Working...
                      X