what does every one do for a living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what does every one do for a living

theres no worry of me ever dispatching canopener,they can have that job like the guys i work with if i turned to dispatching they probably have a hit on my head{you no how truck driver dispatch relations are like }lol

ron

Comment

Deborah dosen't sound boring to me either. Lot of great atributes, plus a great carver. This has been a great thread, really enjoyable , making real people out of the names. I posted my history on another thread , so no need to do it again. Thanks all, and keep them coming, very interesting. Viperstooth I found out lives very near to me, more than likely trucks right by my door. Every once in awhile, I hear a trucker toot his horn when they go by, and don't know who it is.??

Comment

I am a heating,air condition and refrigeration field tech for Lexington County,
        always a very popular man in the summers.
        Mark N. Akers
        My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Originally posted by Callynne
          Oh good grief....I just realized I'm the only boring person on this entire message board!

Let's see if I can spice it up a bit.....graduated highschool, married, had three children, (who have given me five wonderful grandchildren!!) learned to grow and can all our food, make all the kids, mine and some of the hubby's clothes. I can fire a coal furnace and keep a woodstove lit....hmmmm, nope, that's about as exciting as it gets! Deborah
          Hey Deborah, we could almost be twins! Wink How deep into our history do we want to go here. I have a lot. Ditto on everything Deborah said except I only have one son, one granddaughter. I was born and went to school in New England, got married and moved to Kentucky. Got divorced after 7 years and drove across half the country with a 6 year old to California. I bred, trained, showed Quarter Horses for many years, about 28. Have shown Whippets. Raised Chinchillas to sell as breeding stock and had a mobile dog grooming service for many years. All of my grooming was in the Palm Springs area and did dogs for people such as Bob Hope,Gerald Ford, Harold Robbins, etc. I am old but understand that all these thing sort of over lap - I'm not THAT old! I was single for 16 years before re-marrying. My husband and I now live on 3 acres in the desert and raise and show Silkie bantam chickens. We survive on sales of birds ( they are supporting my newly found carving obsession ), eggs, and build websites. Our place is totally solar powered, wood heat, solar panels for hot water, we grow a garden and all the cull chickens become pets because we can't eat them. Hammer That's it for now.

Comment

yep hugh
            i went right by but didnt no you were there or i woulda stopped in,havent been in a truck since the accident,i wish i woulda new you were there when i was going by i been by your house hundreds of times on way to the states but never knew you were there
            ron

Comment

I guess I'll throw out my profession. I am in the National Guard, which is turning into more of a full-time job than I'd ever expected. I am in a mechanized infantry brigade. I also work on the Arsenal as a helicopter avionics technician.

It all sounds exciting but it can pall after a few years.

Comment

HiHo, Chipper 67 and Hugh, thank you for the terrific compliment.....it made my day!!

Nancy....didn't happen to subscribe to Mother Earth News, did you??! Does anyone remember that....is it still in publication?!

Funny isn't it, how true the saying is...everything to it's season?! We built a new home fifteen years ago (how time flies!), just catty cornered and across the street from the farm house (our oldest son and his family live there now). No more coal furnance to fire, all electric heat now (except for the woodburner downstairs), no more canning, hubby said he didn't want me doing all that work and mess in the new house....it seemed strange for a long time, buying canned vegetables!

I still made all my own clothes....until I discovered carving....now I'm happy I did all those other things in the past because I need all my time for carving....this is MY SEASON and I know it's going to last as long as my hands and mind work! Deborah

Comment

Deborah, yes I do get Mother earth News. It is still in publication. Not as "down to earth" as it used to be, but still has some interesting stuff. Moving forward with the times I guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X