Coastal Bend Carving School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coastal Bend Carving School

I noticed that this thread never mentioned WHERE this event was.

Comment

Oh, gosh...It was held in Aransas Pass, TX, about 15 miles north of Corpus Christi, TX. Coastal Bend is so familiar out here I forgot other people don't know what it is.

Here is the link to the original posting about the show. At least I remembered to mention it there.

Joggernot

Comment

After the first set of 4 day classes Josh and Bob Guge held a class on air brush painting that was well attended. Below are some photos from that class.

1. Overall Class
        The following people were practicing precise control of the air brush before beginning to paint a bluegill.
        2. Peter Murray
        3. Joyce Brown
        4. Jim Novatney
        5. Buddy Ives

Comment

The following week Bob Guge held a class to carve and paint a Baltimore Oriole, and Josh Guge held a class to carve and paint either a Clown or a Picasso Triggerfish. Below are some photos of those classes.

1. Bob Guge demonstrating his techniques to the class: Gordon Groth, Peter Murray, Buddy Ives, and JW Nichols
          2. Josh Guge explaining how he starts his carving
          3. Gordon Groth concentrating on a Picasso Triggerfish
          4. Jim Vander Woude concentrating on a Clown Triggerfish
          5. Josh Guge with his class: Bob Holland, Jim Vander Woude, Phil Roets, Jack McLean, and Alen Heuston

Comment

Thanks for sharing your photos,great looking bunch of dedicated carvers,had it not been for a 700 mile separation.I would have been there.
            Ocar

Comment

Working...
            X