Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted...Either an Administrative Assistant or a Good Psychiatrist!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted...Either an Administrative Assistant or a Good Psychiatrist!!!

Help!!! I'm about at the end of my wits! Every Tom, Dick and Harry web site that I visit or conduct any kind of business with wants a unique User Name and PassWord.

After blowing my log-on to You Tube this afternoon and having to reset my password I sat down and counted how many websites I've got passwords with. The best that I can figure I've got over 51 passwords and user names to keep track of and that's doing what you're not supposed to do by using the same password and user name on multiple sites.

I've got a notebook dedicated just to passwords and user names!

I can understand why you'd need a password to get access to your finacial information or to pay bills or conduct official business with a government agency but what's the point of needing passwords to get coupons, check shipping charges or check the weather. I mean you can't even exceed the number of printed coupons for any individual product even if you log on as a different user and today I bought two books at Barnes and Noble using a gift card with out signing on and using a password.

The brightest computer minds in the country can't protect half the police departments in the country, the FBI, and the Pentagon from hackers so what are all these commercial sites so worried about the average user having a password.

And to make it worse half the time you can't read the jumbled up letters that they want you to de-code for security purposes. I mean, what's the point?

I think I need to get therapy! This is just getting too complicated for my simple mind!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Re: Wanted...Either an Administrative Assistant or a Good Psychiatrist!!!

YOU TELL-EM EDDIE

Comment

you should go with option 1, as option 2 doesn't exist.

or just stick with the pad and don't worry about it...

Comment

Eddy,maybe a little to much time on the computer? ....just sayin'!!! grin
        My ETSY shop:
        https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

I use a program called 1 Password for my computers at home and LastPass on my work computers to remember my passwords safely and securely and they have auto login features for you if that is something you choose.

Comment

i can relate eddie,
            the fun i have is when i cannot get to my account and they say phone them ,
            now me being 95% deaf, tthat means a long time on the phone , that is if i can get a person who has time to try and talk to me, lol,
            the most fun is talking to some one overseas, i think i get some small revenge, i get the feeling they getting a little upset, and forbid i get their supervisor,more fun. sorry just can't help myself
            changed a log in name yesterday and it failed today, love it

Comment

I guess you just need to stick with this forum.

Comment

Eddie,
                Take a look at RoboForm for keeping all those passwords.
                I use it for over 150 websites. User id and logins and everything.
                Even the ability to keep secure logins on the RF site so you can access anywhere.
                HTH

Comment

An Admin will cost you less than the Psychiatrist and make you productive enough not to need a Psyc. Probably prettier too... :-)

Comment

Thanks Magic-Man! I knew I wasn't the only one frustrated!

Comment

You've been down that road too, huh! Toppa???

Comment

Sharon... When Mama agreed to a new computer I had to agree to making ity pay for itself. That means collecting coupons, making greeting cards.....etc....etc... I don't have much choice in the matter. If I don't keep Mama happy she'll take my toy away! Ha! Ha!

Comment

Edge.... Good suggestion but I don't conduct any transactions over the computer that require personal finacial data. Granted, it sometimes limits my options but it's also kept us out of trouble. Thanks anyway!

Comment

Calm down Sam. It's got you so upset even your typing is stuttering! I fully agree with you. When I get on the phone I immeadiately ask where the operator is that I'm talking to. If the answer is Mumbai or West Mongolia I demand a US operrator. If I can't get a real person I bang on every key on the phone until something happens. If the machine asks me to give information while I'm waiting I mumble into the phone so the voice recognition feature has to give you an operator. This works especially well with US Government numbers.

Comment

Good idea Paul! I wonder if I can get the guys to send me some coupons to keep Mama happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X