Pradaxa warning-use at your own risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pradaxa warning-use at your own risk

PRADAXA WARNING! If you're on this drug or know someone who is consider an alternative. This is a dangerous drug. In the event of an emergency there is currently no antidote or reversal agent for Pradaxa. It takes 2-3 days for it to be secreted in the urine from the body. In the mean time, in the event of an emergency, you can bleed to death.

While not as handy for physicians, or as profitable for drug companies, good old fashion Coumadin, Wayfarin, is much safer in that in the event of an emergency the blood can be coagulated with doses of Vitamin-K.

Please talk to your physcian. Research this drug on the internet and look at your alternatives. Even your physcian may not be fully aware of the dangers of Pradaxa. But you can bet if you talk to your local Trauma center they are!

The reason that I'm posting this is that this past weekend my wife and I lost someone very dear to us who after an accident might have had a slim chance but thanks to the Pradaxa, she had no chance at all. She bled to death.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...d-thinner.html

Re: Pradaxa warning-use at your own risk

I am so sorry for your loss. Yes! Pradaxa is not a good drug. My husband is on Coumadin and the Dr was talking about putting him on Pradaxa. Husband said NO and was ready to walk out of the office. I'm a lurker here on the forum, but had to reply to your message. I thank the Lord above that my husband said no. I want him around for a long, long time.

Comment

Thanks for the information. My mother is on coumadin and her doctor tried to get her to switch to Pradaxa but she didn't. Coumadin is a pain but you can use a home testing unit to monitor the dose and it is by far much cheaper. They claim Pradaxa is more effective but I'm not sure it is worth the risk.
      Terry

Comment

Thank you for the info. Eddy!

Comment

Terry... Sure Pradaxa more efficient but it's like putting synthetic oil in your truck's engine. Once it's done you can't go back to regular oil without flushing out the synthetic. I've been on Coumadin three or four times and I'm on a 385mg aspirin currently. If a doctor suggests to me to switch to Pradaxa I'm going to ask him what he's been smokin'!

Comment

Working...
          X