Bad Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad Service

When you're in business a little good will goes a long way in building customer relations. Having spent the last 5-years of my working life as a Program Director at martial arts school I can tell you that a smile here, a good word there, and a small discount thrown in along the way will do wonders for your bottom line. The fellow that came up with the old adage that "it takes money to make money" was a marketing genius that unfortunately too many businesses refuse to believe and/or accept.

Comment

Russel living in Hawaii,.... is a different matter. Some places refuse to do business with us and Alaska, some places charge prices that are freight charges but charge us priority. Freight takes six weeks, priority is often three days. There are places that have charged up forty dollars for a small items that cost them a total $1.39 to send. I know the prices of boxes, shippers and peanuts..... And I have heard of sellers who admit that shipping is where they make their money. USPS priority is the same across the US....I really hate the customer service lie to my face and tell it is more to send it here, I even called the post office to clear it up...she was dead wrong. I do not know what it is,.... other then people must think we are stinken rich to live here....but it is a major issue with me. I get five star service,...... from Smokey Mountain wood carving, Little Shavers, Foredom Black Stone Industries, Valley Forge, Treeline, Diefenbacher tools, Blick for paint, even Amazon..... When I have trouble with someone it is more then once, I take away a star.....you be surprise to see some company loose all their stars, time and time again. I had to drag my husband out of a wood carving place, because the difference in cost, he got mad and was yelling......he is a carpenter and was screaming I am never, ever coming back to this place again!!.....it is sad when you hear one person after another complain about the same things....in the past these companies just ignore everyone, but now they are finding that they are loosing business, major. Master craftsmen make major jokes about them, I think people would more interested in keeping customers then being a joke across the board. Then again it is just me, I want a company who wants my business, not one with the nose in the air, you know too good. It is the local way... smile.
      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Well I'm clueless. Could someone pm me the "bad" organizations name. I don't want to buy from them and run into problems.Thanks

Comment

Rather than run the risk of being sued, we'd prefer to just recommend some really fine vendors, some of which have already been named here.....

Comment

Originally posted by susieq View Post
            I PM'd Dave just to make sure of who we were talking about.... it was the vendor I suspected and you are right. They don't give a ****. They've had bad press through carver's bad experiences with them for as long as I have been carving.....back in the early 90s.

Nearly everyone says the same thing, they don't like doing business with them. But now and then, you need something you can't find anywhere else. It's pretty awful to be a business that most of the customers feel this way about.

There are some really terrific vendors online across our country. I do business with Quality Woodcarving Supplies by Richard C. Watson. Dick was a terrific guy who passed away some years back. But the girl who runs his business now, Becky, is a great person and she does things the same way Dick did.

We all love Rick Ferry at Little Shavers....honest and fair as they come.

The Christian Hummul company are very good people too. Do a lot of business with them. MCI is another good one.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of good choices out there......

One unpleasant experience doesn't make a bad vendor, especially if they hurry to make it right with you when you complain. But if it's a chronic problem, time to move on to someone else who will treat you right. Competition is tight with so many companies out there, trying to get a toe hold in the carving community. I could get by very nicely without ever buying anything again from the bad vendor that we're all referring to..... we should just walk away from this place.

We can't bad mouth them by name but we can sure recommend other vendors to friends and newbies....

Very well said!

Comment

MDI Woodcarvers Supply, Good service, best prices I can find, almost immediate mailing, fair, all around good people. I know its good, cause I like it. :~)

Comment

Hi Hugh,
                I agree....and that's who I meant when I put MCI on my last post...duh. that's a blonde for your..... I went back and edited it to reflect what I intended in the first place.

I do a lot of business with MDI and the others that I mentioned..... With so many decent vendors to choose from, why bother with those that give us a bad time....

Comment

Working...
                X