remarks on power carving issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remarks on power carving issue

I just received my latest copy of your magazine. I can't beleive you put this together. When your subscribers are 3 to 1 about using traditional methods , you devote an entire edition to power carving. If I wanted a catalog on nothing but power carving and tools ,I would have ordered one. I'm new to carving and am just learning, but to say I was disappointed would be a mistatement in the least. I feel like I've been riped off . I hope you can do better in the future issues. In my opion,and I can,t be the only one that feels this way, this last issue was not up to expectations at all. Thank you for your time and the past 2 years ,but this was not acceptable. Papa R.

Re: remarks on power carving issue

I think you must be confusing the special Power Carving publication with the latest issue of the magazine. The most recent regular issue, Spring 2012, has very little on power carving.

Comment

PapaR, I'm sorry you were disappointed.

The Power Carving Manual is a special interest publication, and it is one of several options that subscribers can choose to receive for free when they sign up for a two-year subscription. There were a couple other options, including our new Pyrography special issue. The Spring Issue, which mailed to subscribers in late January, is our newest issue.

We know most of our readers are more interested in hand-powered tools when carving (gouges, chisels, knives, etc.), but we do have readers who power carve. That's why we created the Power Carving Manual as a special issue, so you could choose to get it if you were interested, and you could choose something else if you were not interested.

I'd suggest you give our customer service folks a call at 800-457-9112. We don't want anyone to be disappointed in the special issue they choose, and the CS ladies should be able to work something out for you. Just tell them that Bob suggested you call; I've let them know you might be calling in.

Best Regards,
      Bob Duncan
      Technical Editor

Comment

Hi PapaR .... I always enjoy seeing something "new" to me. I'm not a power carver but I value any new information and the chance to learn.

Comment

I am both an edge tool and power carver,25% percent edge tool carver of which I first
          learned to carve,i then got interested in carving birds of prey,if it had not been to one of
          your first publications on power carving,I would have never known about power carving
          of which I do now. That being said thank you for this on going publications on power carving.
          Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy-G View Post
            Hi PapaR .... I always enjoy seeing something "new" to me. I'm not a power carver but I value any new information and the chance to learn.
            Well said Nancy, I was thinking the same!

Comment

I like the fact that BobD. is always there to help with any problem that you might have. Go WCI!!!!
              Larry

Comment

Greetings, as a brand new reader and subscriber to Woodcarving Illustrated,
                I would like to say that I like the way that Bob D helped PapaR to get his problem straightened out right away. I think that was great. I just discovered
                your magazine for the first time just before christmas and bought it. After reading
                some of it, I went back and got the Hand Carved Holiday Gifts. Volume Two.
                They are not sold in the few stores I usually go in. I found them in a store that is kind out of my usual routes and I'm glad I happened to check out their magazines while I was in there. I now have a subscription and received the spring issue a
                few days back. I want to thank the publishers for putting out a good one.
                Wish I would have found it a long time ago. LOL.
                Wishing all of you a good day and all of the best.
                Ray

Comment

Working...
                X