Veggie Mode!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veggie Mode!

Spring is just about here! My husband and I are in major garden mode the last couple weeks.
    We've been making more room and preparing the soil for hopefully and God willing, BUMPER CROPS!!!!!!
    We want to be able to not only feed us, but our kids, grandkids, neighbors, the local food bank and even some for the wild critters.

So with that, I hope all that can and are able will grow a little extra in your garden for somebody else.
    If you have room, but not able to garden, let some one plant a little and you all can enjoy and benefit from it!
    Maybe barter veggies for something else.
    Donate to the food bank!
    No need for anyone to go hungry!
    My ETSY shop:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Re: Veggie Mode!

I know my missus would be cheering if she saw this Sharon. I'm more of a veggie myself when it comes to the garden. I like to veg out inside. LOL.

Comment

We started a compost bin last year. Looking forward to working it into the garden this year. Last year was pretty good for us, hoping for the same this year. I especially love fresh tomatoes, to eat and to can. We don't really get going on the garden for another couple months though. Here's to a good year for everyone!

Comment

Joe, you made me chuckle!
        Kris, I love composting. It just amazes me all the earth worms that happen in the pile.
        It's kind of too early here, we still have about a month and half or two of frost. But I found some little tomato plants at the nursery and going to stick them in the hot house until it's safe.
        I cut up 15 lbs of seed potatoes last night and we had ones left over from last years that are sprouting, so we're hoping for a good crop! We'll be getting those in the ground soon.
        Hope your garden gives you an over flowing harvest!
        My ETSY shop:

Comment

We do the same thing for our extended family and for the food bank. Along with canning and cellaring we don't buy much food. Are you far enough from the coast to grow a good crop of tomatoes. My daughter lives in Arcata and it's pretty tough to grow a lot of things.

Comment

Hi Ron. We're pretty much out of the fog belt, well most of the time. Cherry tomatoes do okay/so-so outside, but for all the others, they go into the hothouse. Bell peppers do better inside. We did all right with cucumbers outside last year, but we're going to grow some in the hothouse to see how they do. Like Arcata, it doesn't get to warm here! My nephew is going to school up there. I love Humbolt County.
            My ETSY shop:

Comment

Sharon.... We've been growing our raised bed(s) garden for quite a few years now and we've got our own food bank! It's called family! ...."Dad, is that broccoli ready to pick?"... "Mom is that cabbage ready yet?"... "Mom have you pickled any beets yet?".... I keep waiting for one of them to start a garden but it hasn't happened yet! Maybe one of these days...

Comment

All the neighbors share food from the trees and such....I am growing just like you. Enough for others. Fresh food here is getting to the point it outrageously expensive, soon it will be unaffordable to the average person....it is getting really sad to go to the grocery store these days.
                . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

It's a pain, but i will be growing veggie's for the 3rd season... Dileon is right, it's so ****ed expensive.... I was told that tomatoes will eventually hit $4.50 Lbs. for this year... with sale prices going $2.50 Lbs.. Milk has come down a bit, but i was told it will go up as well too. To as much as $4.60 a gallon... We were warned about hyper-inflation... I don't think this is it, YET.... Start growing your own folks!

Comment

Working...
                  X