Well I got caught.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I got caught.

well I got caught buying a new knife from Rick( guess I should have told my wife or ask her first)boy did she get mad. lots of yelling going on, it was not good. then my wife said I would not see her for a few days. she was right, I did not see her for two days. then on the third day the swelling went down and when I opened my eyes I could barley see her . Rick it will be a while before I buy another knife. lol

Just old Jim

Re: Well I got caught.

aw c'mon, don't be a wimp, buy another knife!! and besides, thats why you couldn't find the fox!! LOL
    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

But isn't a few days of abuse, swelling, and healing well worth a good carving knife?? It's all about getting a return on your investment! Sometimes we have to make sacrifices!!

Hope you bumps and bruses heal!

Blake

Comment

Yea, but you might not like the kind of return you get on your investment , like a left jab followed by a right hook.Smile

Cheers.

OG

Originally posted by vacaricature carver
        But isn't a few days of abuse, swelling, and healing well worth a good carving knife?? It's all about getting a return on your investment! Sometimes we have to make sacrifices!!

Hope you bumps and bruses heal!

Blake

Comment

That's why I usually call my wife to tell her I spent money on carving stuff. At least she's had time to cool down a bit - then I usually only get the silent treatment. I'd actually rather be beat.

Of course I am just kidding. I have learned how to have my wife appreciate me buying new tools.....She carves now! All I have to do is either buy her something or give her one of my older tools.
          Member of Caricature Carvers of America
          My website: https://mitchellcartledgewoodcarvings.com

Comment

I talk right back to my wife. The other day she said Hugh, come out from under the bed. I spoke right up and said no mam, I'm staying right here. Your gotta be firm.

Comment

When I buy a new tool, I just remind my husband that he's lucky I'm not an "expensive woman" (I HATE to shop). Plus there's his four fly rods with four fly reels, three sets of waders, and a drift boat (which I'm expressly forbidden to approach within 25 feet. OK, OK, with good reason...but still...).

I get a lot of equity out of that. It'll be a while before we're "even"...hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by LCorbett
                When I buy a new tool, I just remind my husband that he's lucky I'm not an "expensive woman" (I HATE to shop). Plus there's his four fly rods with four fly reels, three sets of waders, and a drift boat (which I'm expressly forbidden to approach within 25 feet. OK, OK, with good reason...but still...).

I get a lot of equity out of that. It'll be a while before we're "even"...hehehe.

Ok, Ok, we get the "drift"!! LOL
                "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Well, I could just open the closet and stare at the shoes and clothes, etc (not to mention the jewerly)........of course that WOULD put a lump on my head 'bout as quick as Jim got his.
                  Member of Caricature Carvers of America
                  My website: https://mitchellcartledgewoodcarvings.com

Comment

Jim,
                    Just don't let her get ahold of the knife!!!
                    Wade

Comment

I'd like to hear the story behind why Lori is not allowed within 25 feet of the boat. It sounds like a good one to me.

Comment

Originally posted by wade clark
                        Jim,
                        Just don't let her get ahold of the knife!!!
                        Wade
                        Thanks Wade,
                        never though of that, musta been the bump on the head. Not thinking so good. lol
                        Just old Jim

Comment

Originally posted by LCorbett

Lori, 4 fly rods are almost basic requirements and if you have them then you have to have waders and a drift boat :-) And 25 feet away seems about right if you have one of your carving knives in hand.. I'm still a rod short and the boat got sold in the last move. :.-(

Comment

Jim,
                            I was quite dismayed to learn of your situation.

I have never had a problem with my wife, we settled the issue of who was boss early in our marriage.

It has worked out very well; she even helps me with the dishes on occasion.

Comment

I'm proud to say that the wife and I have never had a problem with decision making in our house! When we got married she said "honey, your the man of the house and you need to make all of the major decisions, and I'll take care of all of those little decisions". This has worked great! ......Only thing that bothers me is that in 28 years we have never had a "major decision" to be made!

Comment

Working...
                              X