WCI Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCI Community

My friends, as another year draws to a close it is time to reflect on the past. Naturally, woodcarving is way up there on my priorities.

This list is one of the best things that has happened to woodcarving. I have belonged to several others (still do come to think about it) and did participate to some extent. But, everything seemed to come together for this board. The right format, the right woodcarvers, the right list managers, and the right sponser....WCI. The utilization of the digital camera has added a dimension that allows those of us in remote areas to tap into the expertise of the group mind. I would like to thank WCI for creating this board and for providing Bob to oversee it.

Finally, I would like to thank the members. Even though I don't recall meeting any of you, I feel the friendship that binds us like family. I feel both pride and humility to be included.

May 2006 bring us even closer and offer even better opportunities to improve our woodcarving abilities. But, most of all. may it bring each of you peace and joy.

Re: WCI Community

Very well said, Paul, and I totally agree, this board, it's members, our sponser and, as Susan says, Bob, our fearless leader, makes it a perfect community! Everything comes together just right!! Thanks for saying what everyone else, I'm sure, feels too! Deborah

Comment

I agree completely! I participate on another board, and it is really sad how much fighting happens there. I have turned the majority of my attention here because it is a very pleasant place to learn.

My sincere thanks to WCI, and all of the participants, for making such a nice "online home" for us.

Merry Christmas, H appy Holiday, and a prosperous New Year to all.

Comment

Couldn't have said it any better, Well actually Paul I couldn't have said it that good. But I am in agreement with you sir.

REally great carving freinds on this board.

The Best to each and every one

Merry Christmas

Comment

Well said.

I want to thank the group for taking me in as well! I look forward to 2006 and what it will bring.

Greg

Comment

Paul-you have expressed very eloquently what i feel as do others i'm sure on this board.

my one regret is that that atmosphere and feelings on this board can not like the ripples on a lake ever expand to encompass a much larger population so that there would truly be "peace on Earth and Good Will toward men and women.

Frank

Seasons Greetings to all
            All the best for 2006
            Safety first

Comment

Well Paul I actually logged on tonight to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and saw your post which accurately voices how most of us feel. I haven't been active this past year because of outside activities, but none the less have not stopped thinking of all the good folks I've met here. I have more to be thankful this Christmas than I could possibly explain in the space provided. I will only say that the miricles of the season are still amoung us, and I am here today to testify to that. May your God bless all of you as mine has done.
              Ric

Comment

I will just echo all the comments preceeded me on this subject. I really would like to take off and meet every single one of you spend a couple of days and carve with you. You never know what will happen in the future but one thing I am sure of the friends I have made here are the best anywhere. BTW I will be at the Ridgway Rendezvous in Ridgway PA at the end of February any of you close should make it a point to attend you will see over two hundred of the worlds best chainsaw carvers all in one place. Again nice to have you all as friends
                Colin
                Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                Jackson, MS

Comment

Well said Paul. One of the reasons I joined this board was that I did not notice some of the problems I encountered on other woodworking sites. I have been impressed with both the expertise and the willingness of the members of this board to share with others their knowledge and experience. All who have signed on have been welcomed with open arms.

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas!
                  Chuck

Comment

Well said, everyone. This board is a great place to make new friends and keep old ones--and share our love of carving and related activities. We're so lucky that WCI under Bob's leadership supports and encourages this. I can't believe how much it's grown in the past year and how much better it is now than it was in its previous life. I'm constantly amazed to see how many members there are and how many guests log in regularly.

Wouldn't it be great if we could have a WCI carving roundup where we could all meet each other? In the meantime, we'll just continue being friends here.

Merry Christmas to all of you. Thanks for being our friends and sharing so much.

Donna T
                    From Missouri

Comment

well said paul this is the only place i no were anyone and i maen anyone can come and ask anything about anything it doesnt even have to do with carving,were you will get awnsers instead of arguements about it,thanks off to everyone on this board expecially bob d thats for the hard work you do dude last i guess is i hope we grow even bigger next year!!!!
                      everyone have a save and merry christmas and a happy new year!
                      ron

Comment

I really appreciate every thing that WCI and Bob does for this board,I am looking
                        for bigger and better things next year.
                        Mark N. Akers
                        My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

I think all has been said above, don't know any more to add. My thanks to all for information, tips, insporation. My best to all.

Bill in Omaha

Comment

I want to jump in here and wish you all the best for 2006. I am hoping to be part of the ornament exchange next winter..so I'm starting now.

May 2006 be full of carvable logs and sticks!

Comment

I like all the others would like to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and the Best of the Year to Come.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Garon
                              (Carver6)

Comment

Working...
                              X