using Irfanview???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using Irfanview???????

I know a while back someone posted info on how to convert a picture into a pencil drawing, Thus making a pattern out of it using a free program called Irfanview. Can anyone help me with this? Please. Ginny

Re: using Irfanview???????

I have used Irfanview to prepare photos for upload to this site, but I don't see any way to convert an image to a line drawing. You can convert a color photo to greyscale, but that's not what you're asking for.

Comment

I think you are asking about "Photo to Sketch". I have used it and it works well.

Photo to Sketch--Thinker Software--a tool to convert a photograph to excellent sketch

Todd

Comment

ginny you can also use gimp..I used gimp several times to scroll saw portraits...there is also a very good free titorial for it..if you would like I can find the link to both..if you would like me to just shoot me a private message.

Comment

Ginny,
          Open a pic in Irfanview. Go to the image button. Click on "convert to grayscale. Back to Image button. Go to "effects". Click on 'edge Detection. Hope it helps.

Comment

If you can get to a picture projector you can make one that way as well.

Comment

This might be what you are looking for:
              Open a photo and do the following:

Image--Effects--edge Detection
              Image--Negative
              Image--Convert to Grayscale

Depending on the contrast in your image and the amount of background "noise" you will now have a perfectly good pattern.

If you want to go farther, After you convert to Grayscale go to

Image--Enhance Colors and decrease the gamma (to the left) and you will get better lines and detail. I used around 1.00 gamma correction.

Hope this might help you
              Gene

Comment

Thanks Gene for the added step. I've never used it but have used another program to enhance the color.

Comment

there are many online image software you can use to convert images vb.net, Irfanview and Gimp are just two of them. if you are new learner, i suggest something simple. check this image .net library i have been using, working well in converting.

Comment

Working...
                  X