I let a little thing slip and now everyone is jumping on me
    maybe i am?

Re: Im being called a racist on another forum

what did u say?

Comment

Originally posted by rickm View Post
      what did u say?
      i live in texas and used the word texican,thats what they are and dont take offense to it,it wasnt a derogatory term.

Comment

Technically it is what folks were called that lived in the area before Texas became a state, when it was still the republic of Texas.

Texian is the proper term, but Texican is a slang and sometimes taken out of context. just FYI, and probably why you were called that.

Steve

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. People are too thin skinned these days. If they are mad at you for what you said then find other friends who feel like you do. Just my two cents worth.
          PS: In my opinion a racist is someone who wants to promote their own race and see their own race do well. It doesn't mean they wish harm on any other race. These days only white people are not allowed to promote their race. All minorities can do whatever they want to isolate themselves at the cost of others with impunity.

Comment

I live in Texas (native born) and down here that word is totally the opposite of derogatory or racist...it means (at least in my part..the Panhandle) a native. I think the other folks are off base.. probably they are Yankees and we all know about them

Comment

Hey Slow
              I live in the middle, We were neutral in the civil war. I don't know what to think up or down.

Comment

Sounds to me like the people that are calling you racist don't know what the word Texican really means...that's their ignorance and I wouldn't worry about it.
                Keep On Carvin'
                Bob K.

My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

My Friend's
                  We meet here on the Woodcarving Illustrated Forum as an extended family. We Mods have been given the difficult task of insuring peace and harmony. The WCI membership is numerous, world wide and quite diversified.

Although the primary topic is woodcarving; we also want to get to know one another better. For this there is Off Topic, a place for discussing the triumphs, tribulations, and enjoyments that happen to us. However; in posting, it must be remembered that we humans all have our personal areas of perspective. These range from things that are comfortable to strongly held opinions for which we are willing to debate pros and cons. Very few issues are so clearly defined that there are not areas of disagreement, with right on both sides.

In the interest of maintaining harmony; I am locking this post. I will not delete it, allowing all to read. If any of the other Moderators think I have acted in haste; it will not cause me any discomfort to see it restored. I do not believe that anything, so far, has been posted that warrants its deletion. But, having read all of the posts, I think there is potential for this topic to quickly become a flame.

Comment

Texican is NOT a derogatory name! It is what many from Texas were called and some are called to day....kind of like getting your panties in a wad for calling someone a californian! Ignorance is the tone of the day anymore! imho
                    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Working...
                    X