anyone order from Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone order from Canada?

I ordered Dec 13th an item from an advertiser in this magazine and as of Jan 19th I haven't received anything. Any tips on getting items into the US from Canada?

Re: anyone order from Canada?

I had a Canadian friend who sent me a shirt before Christmas and I just got it yesterday...

Bob

Comment

We have had lots of swaps and on another site, cane segment swaps/ secret pal swaps etc and everything coming from Canada including Chipping Away supplies seem to take at least 2 weeks! Not sure what the time line getting there from the USD but think it is similar?
      "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Hello Helen, Just Maybe The (uspo) Is Holding It Up Because Of Security Reasons????just An Idea.........dan......

Comment

You know it depends on how you ship it. If you are going to ship it by the cheapest means it can take a long time but I deal with Rick from Little Shavers all the time and when he ships to me I have it always inside a week. Also I send him my tools to sharpen for me and I always insure them and it only takes a few days to get them there. If the order is too large I find that it can take longer as well but all in all I dont have a major problem either way. All of the ornaments I sent to the US this year arrived in really fast time.
          Colin
          Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
          Jackson, MS

Comment

I bought a bicycle off ebay from a dealer in Canada. It took 40 days to reach me in Florida! I could have rode it here faster!
            Wade

Comment

I purchased a Razortip burner on the 13th of December it came on Saturday last.

Comment

Everything takes much longer crossing the border now, unless you pay for the primium services.....UPS or Priority . We have the same problem getting stuff into Canada from the US of A. Everyone takes security much more seriously....and a damm shame we have to.

Bob
                Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Last fall I purchased 6 swiss made gouges from a firm in Canada. They made it here (Arkansas) in less than 5 days. Came through the mail.

Comment

yassir, but youse jist a whoop n' a holler from dem anyways! lol

Comment

Well now Hi Ho, that kinda splains thangs. I did whoop n holler in my order stead of using this dad gum machine. Never connected it to location though.

I have been moving from flex cut to pfeil for my full size tools. And I must say that KMS Tools in Canada is an excellent company to deal with.

Comment

In order to get packages into the US (since 9/11), there must be a complete return address listed on the outside of the package. Otherwise it may not get through.
                        It is the order person's responsibility to make sure that the information is complete.
                        As I uderstand it, this is a joint requirement between our two countries for security purposes.
                        Ain't life complicated now!

Comment

I order stufff from Lee Valley, and it usually arrives inside 4 days UPS. Some items (small) USPS and they take a week to 10 days...not much different from ordering stateside.

Al

Comment

Yeh Al...we know! But all they have to do is throw it across the creek ! ha ha

Comment

CREEK??? CREEK????? You calin' our Big Lake a CREEK, Dave? That's like callin' the Rocky Mountains Pebble Hill, or the Mojave Dessert a sandbox! hehehehe

Anyway we get stuff here quick! Might have sumpin' ta do with the John Beargrease tradition .

Al

Comment

Working...
                              X