Blizzard is over here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blizzard is over here.

Some of you might have seen coverage yesterday on TV about the big blizzard here in Amarillo and the panhandle. We got 19 inches at the weather service, more or less around town. The highest gust was 75 mph, we had sustained 30-50 mph winds for hours. Lots of drifts of course, but not much damage. All roads in the panhandle closed all day yesterday and most still closed today. All schools and government as well as the majority of business closed today, so I assume very little traffic out. We are just fine at our house, and just chilling out (pun intended). Today the sky is clear, the sun is shining so bright you need sunglasses due to the glare off the deep snow, no wind, and it is so beautiful it will take your breath away. We have a popular local weatherman who has a dauchsund for a pet, and when it snows he talks about the trouble his dog has with getting lost when he goes out to do his business. In our area that has become a popular saying that "we have a wienie dog alert" when snow is expected. Well friends, we had a wienie dog alert yesterday, even could call it a Labrador alert. All is well though and the moisture is a blessing once it melts. Hope all who are still getting storms fare well, and remember to stay indoors until it is over, then make snow ice cream. The picture is my back yard this morning, I have two missing little dogs out there somewhere

Re: Blizzard is over here.

Looks like you will have plenty of carving time! Don't fret in about two weeks it will be spring.

Comment

You probably go by the same belief as I. Being from Okla. I've always gome be the saying by Will Rogers. "If you don't like the weather in Okla.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just wait a minute." That has always served me well. As close to Okla. as you are, it should apply equally as well.
      Stay warm.
      Garon

Comment

Hope all is going well for you. Big pail of soup, carve, clean out the steps often so you can open the doors if needed in an emergency, make sure exhaust from your heat source is not plugged or restricted. Ride it out, and stay safe. You sure are in a mess Slowmover. Go easy with the physical part of snow extraction.
        Carve On,
        Kadiddle

Comment

Hi SlowMover, glad you you all stayed warm. Amarillo is my familys hometown. My Uncel live on Parker street in Mobile. He had over a foot plus the drifts.

Comment

My husband's family all lived in Morton, TX (about 150 miles away) and he has always missed Texas weather. However, here in Peculiar, MO we've gotten over 14" in 2 storms over 5 days. Yep, it's a mess out there. Can't get out of my garage yet, so getting to stay home and play with knives Stay warm and stay safe.

Comment

It just hit here about 1/2 hour ago. If the temperature would rise 2 degrees, it would be rain. I guess I'll be busy tomorrow.

Comment

Well! It's 60 here. The sun is out and it's bright and clear. Short sleeve shirt weather. I sure feel for you guys! I think I'll go have an orange!

Comment

Working...
                X