Company on my walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Company on my walk

Hey John nice to hear from you. I am in Horsham next week from the 5th - 7th for the Wimmera Field Machinery Days. If you happen to wander over that way, do stop by to say g'day. Look for the Ozpig site J17 in the caravan and camping section. At Ballarat today for The Great Outdoor Expo and nearly got blown away last two days with severe winds!!!! Keep up the walking and great pics.
    Joe.

Comment

Great photos John, I'll trade my walking area that is full fast moving cars and
      and their dumber than dumb drivers and as one walks on the sidewalks you can see real live hoodlums and gang members, I'm sure you will enjoy them, wait hold on a minute,
      one can occasionally see a couple of normal people sharing the sidewalk.
      Oscar

Comment

Sooooo; what do you think they are thinking when they are out on a hop and see some 2 legger [you] staring and snapping at them? Cool pictures.
        Jim

Comment

John: No Roos here just ELk, Deer, Bear, Mountain Sheep, Mountain Goats, Wolves and other characters of the mountains. I love walking also. Good for health, good for the mind, good for creativity.

Reed

Comment

Hi, John! Loved seeing you on here and viewing your 'roo pics.....really enjoyed seeing something we don't have here! Our black bear are plentiful where I live, and are daily visitors, except in winter. Here is my "Scraggles" with her two new cubs this past spring. Bonnie

Comment

G'day,
              and apologies for not writing sooner, but family upsets have kept me busy. I want to thank everyone for their interest and nice comments.....
              Joe, it was real good to hear from you and I would have attempted catching up with you but for the upsets mentioned, hope it was an enjoyable and satisfying time for you.

Eddy, the 'roos are protected in most areas but they are hunted when there is an abundance of feed and they reach plague proportions, their hides are tanned and provide a very thin but extremely strong leather, and their flesh is made available for human consumption in forms such as sausages, roasts, steaks and mince. It is a different but acceptable flavour and has the overwhelming advantage of being pronounced as 98% fat free, the scraps and offal are ground and sold as dogfood.
              They are not bears but still dangerous when feeling threatened, if attacked by dogs they will try to disembowel them with their back claws or if close to water they will lure the dogs in then hold them under to drown.In a close encounter with humans they will try to grab and hold with the short front legs then supporting their whole body weight on their tail, raise both hind legs as high as possible, push them forward and slam them down usually resulting in disembowelling the victim...Sooooo probably not a good idea to ask them for a dance <grin> But left alone they are no threat.
              Once again friends, thanks for your interest and I wish you all a very safe, happy and holy Easter.
              Regards
              John

Comment

Working...
              X