Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice

Two rules that have effected my life have been the " Golden Rule" and "Trust but Verify"

Comment

Dad said 'If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bull ****

From my own personal experience- everthing in life fits into one of two catgegories. Things you can do something about, and things you can't. If you can do something about it, go do it and quit worrying. If you cant do anything about it, just quit worrying.
      Around here we call them category one and category two. I dont worry about much.
      Buffalo Bif
      www.bflobif.com

Comment

My parents alwayus told us that we could do anything we put our minds to. After much experimentation I still find that to be mostly true.

As Spinner said...Trust but Verify. Question everything, think about it, consider it, and make up your own mind. I think that mindset has been lost nowadays.

Strictly carving.....I would say the 50/50 water alcohol spray bottle trick.

Comment

Take the Peter Pan Oath..... "Never grow up".

Don't sweat the small stuff....and most of it is small stuff.

Don't hold a grudge. Doesn't mean you have to start liking the person again (if you ever did), just don't carry the bad feelings around. It only hurts you. Let it go and move on.

Late in life, when someone annoyed the heck out of me with something they did or said, I started asking myself if I'd ever been guilty of that...... often, I realized that I had....

My new favorite....for myself.... "never miss a chance to shut up".

Comment

Both my mother and father grew up during the Great Depression. They always preached to me to only borrow money when you had to, and pay cash for everything else.

Very ironic that I have been a banker for almost 30 years...

Comment

Famous advice from my folks and then later on from my father in law.

Use the brain God gave you.

Poop (only they used a different word) or get off the pot.

You made your bed, now lay in it.
              My ETSY shop:
              https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

Life is short, so live it up.

Comment

Wear your glove.....

Comment

Originally posted by susieq View Post
                    Take the Peter Pan Oath..... "SNIP....

My new favorite....for myself.... "never miss a chance to shut up".
                    Best advice on the thread! You can't put your foot in your mouth when it's closed!

Arthur
                    Arthur

Comment

When you're climbing the ladder of success be careful who's fingers you step on. You never know when you'll pass them on the way down.

Comment

"Life's tough but it's tougher if your stupid"

Comment

"Don't believe anything you hear and only 1/2 of what you see."

My Dad told me that when I was in my early teens. He pushed me to investigate and form my opinions on my own - not on others.

Along the same lines: "There are two sides to every story."
                          Member of Caricature Carvers of America
                          My website: https://mitchellcartledgewoodcarvings.com

Comment

Working...
                          X