No announcement yet.

TSA Changes carry-on knife rules....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TSA Changes carry-on knife rules....

I just measured my Swiss Army knife and came up with another government puzzle.
    The sharpened portion of the biggest blade is exactly 6 mm, but if you include the small portion between the sharpened part of the blade and where it meets the handle (I think it's called the Ricasso, according to Google), then it is 6.8 mm, or too long. Go figure! I don't fly much, but the next time I do, the knife goes in my checked baggage or stays at home.

Bob K: As soon as TSA gets their new $1000 uniforms, you fcan expect a knock at your door. They KNOW where you live.
    Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’t last.

Comment

Re: TSA Changes carry-on knife rules....

I have carried a pocket knife (at the minimum...not counting multi-tools, etc.) for over 65 years and have yet to cut anyone but myself. The ruling is ridiculous and basically unenforceable as long as TSA officers can do anything they feel like at the moment. I remember once on a commercial flight that I "repaired" a problem that was delaying takeoff with my big Swiss Army knife. The flight crew was thankful and did not blink an eye at what would be a serious problem today. So now I fly only when no other way is available. The bridge to Ireland was not yet built when we went over last year!

Comment

Working...
      X