Pleasurable Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasurable Meeting

I had the honor of meeting Donna T this afternoon. Both my little bride and I was able to spend a little time with Donna T on her way to Wichita to a Bird carving seminar. The visit was way to short. What a Neat and Joyfull lady. We have been trying to meet for a littl over two years and finially did. Some good valuble suggestion from her on my carving. It was definitely a pleasure meeting Donna.

Re: Pleasurable Meeting

Ken, Gee, I wish I'd have that opportunity. I live just 5 or 6 hours from Donna but our paths haven't crossed.
    ~sigh~
    Maybe someday.

Comment

I almost got to meet Donna last year, maybe this year will be the year! Glad you got the chance to visit with her, Kenny, even if it was only for a short time! Deborah

Comment

Donna stopped by the office last summer for a few minutes (the grandkids were anxious to go to Hershey), but it was great to see her. In fact, let me throw out the open invitation--if anyone is ever heading through Central PA, stop in! I'll give you the tour <grin>

Bob

Comment

Nancy, Guess I need to Pm you as the little bride's father and mother live 20 miles west of Rolla Mo and we ar there about every month now. Donna said you lived north east of them.Have a brother-in-law living on the Lake of the Ozark near 5 miles north east of Camdamton(SP)

Deborah,I understand trying to meet someone but of some reason, not getting to.

Donna is as helpful as she is graious.
          She was going to try to meet Ron Davidson today in Wichita. Hope they do.

Ron, Hopefully in the next month, we can meet.

I know Randy48 lives within 10 miles of my in-law and all the times there we haven't met. Maybe the next time.
          I would like to meet everyone here. What would be neat is if we all could meet at some location for a couple of days. Yeper, That would be one great meeting for sure.

Comment

Well, you all can come to arizona and sit and carve and tell lies in my shop! lolApple
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

LIES???? C'mon, Dave, you know that all the stories we tell are TRUE! 'Specially the ones from us fisherman. Did I ever tell you about the trout that.......ya I guess I did. Sorry won't bother ya with that one again.

Al

Comment

ALA, That reminds me of my fisherman Brother in law who, really does live on the lake of the Ozarks and literly lives on the lake fishing. Well, He kept telling his sister(my lovely little bride) about the fish that got away and each time he would tell her or someone else it got bigger. I decide to stop this story of his so on the return tripe to visit him, I had made a plaque out of 1' x12' pine and cut out the outline of a fish which left nothing in between and had a name plate put on it, " The Fish that got Away". Well after a glorious supper his little bride had fixed of catfish, fried tators and hushdogs, I persented the Plaque to him. Out of the 6 people sitting around the table only one wasn't smiling. Yeper, ya guessed it, it was my brother in law. However, No more story about the fish that got away. For awhile. I did notice a couple of months later on a visit, he had the plaque displayed proudly over his fireplace mantle and yep, now that is the new story of the fish that got away. Sad

Comment

Kenny,
                  Let me know when you are heading this way sometime. I live about 6 miles North of Springfield, MO. Could probably be persuaded to spring for a cupa coffee. Would love to meet you and the little bride. This would be a good spot to take a break on your way to or from your in-laws. Just e-mail me a day or two ahead and will meet you somewhere on I-44.

Garon

Comment

Ken, about that trout I mentioned. It DID get away, but not before I got a good look at it, and I'm the ONLY ONE who saw it, so it's as big as I SAY IT WAS! And there ain't nobody can say different!

There was this bass, though......but that's another story.

Al

Comment

I thought it was gonna be a crappie story! Cowboy
                      "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Kenny I also had the pleasure of meeting Donna this morning in Wichita for coffee. Like you the visit was way too short as she had to go to a class. We had a good visit and I also learned a little from her, she is a very special person. I hope we can meet again sometime with alot more time.
                        Ron

Comment

Well ALA, I believe you for sure wink wink. All kidding aside, been there and knew no one would believe me.

Garon, Way Cool, Yep, 44 gets burned by us once a month both ways. Yep, Sure will give ya a ring or e-mail. It is either springfield or joplin, well we do stop at Lebannon going and coming at the Heartland Mall and russell Stover's Chocolate store and then across at the Case knife outlet store, Springfield usually is a eating place and Grizzly stop.

Comment

Amen to that Ron. She was excited about meeting you also. Hope we didn't run her off
                            best to you.

Comment

I tried to be on my best behavior but you know how that goes. She didn't seem to be scared too bad when she left. She said she had a good visit with you and your little bride. I told her it would be nice if we could plan a get together with the ones that live realitively close but can't ever seem to meet. I don't know if it will ever happen but I guess all we could do is try. Are you heading to Haven pretty soon? Let me know.
                              Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X