Spring?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring?????

Welp, here in KC and Peculiar, we're sitting under a foot of spring! This is just flat crummy! Altho, on the plus side, I get to spend the entire day in my carving lair in the basement. Hey, this spring is looking up after all

Re: Spring?????

Enjoy the snow while it lasts!
    Terry

Comment

Lynn,

If you have a foot of spring, I must be half way to spring (6", so far) here at St. Louis.

Guess it's time to carve snowmen.

Comment

We've got close to a foot here in Eolia, Mo. Look at it this way; Dave Murray, the meteorologist in STL said in his spring forecast that we'll be looking at 90 deg. temps by the end of May. Sounds like we may skip spring and go straight to summer. The thought of 90 deg. makes me want to go roll around in the snow...

Comment

5:20 PM ...... here, 45 miles sw of St Louis, we already have 9" and it's still coming down hard

Comment

Here in NW PA we must be living right. We only have about 6", but its taken a whole week to get that much. We've had more snow in March than we've had since Jan. Seems like the mid-west gets hammered then it ducks around us & hammers the east coast. Pretty unusual for the past couple of years. We usually get a lot of snow especially if there is a strong system coming across the lakes, but the pattern has changed, Don't mind a bit.

Comment

Here in Quebec city, we must be living really really right.

We always get less than the meteorologists predict for us.

I heard that this summer will be very nice. I hope it's true this time...

Gilles C.

Comment

Cold nights (20F/-7C) and hot days (40F/5C) now.
                The serious sled heads are up by 5, out by 6 and on the top by 7A.
                High-marking the cornices started today. You need 300+HP to bring it off,
                up and run down with enough HP to outrun an avalanche (90mph).
                Hottest sled dynoed at 450HP. Hard to believe. Maybe 16' long.
                I have a Nikon Prostaff 82mm scope in the dining room, fun to watch them.
                Brian T

Comment

Hmm...I was fine with the snow...until I had to dig my truck out and go to work.
                  Isn't it funny how it's kind of pretty when you don't have to go out in it,
                  then all of a sudden it's a pain in the butt because you do?

Ah well...it'll be gone soon enough and I'll be praying for it's return by about May.

Comment

Well, quit complaining! We've still got over three feet on the ground! Spring here in Gogebic County usually shows up around the middle of May when at least some of the snow will be gone.

Right now, the roads are clear, the skiing is good and the snowmobile trails will be open for another month if all goes the way it usually does.

They don't call this Big Snow Country for the number of square miles we have!

Al

Comment

We just got a dusting out of this storm. It went south of us
                      Wondering if spring will ever get here.

I remember the first time we drove thru Bessemer to Ironwood , the largest building we saw was a mental health facility. I jokingly told my husband that was for all the Yoopers going nuts trying to go through the long winters in the UP.

Comment

You might be right, Marcy. Cabin fever gets pretty severe around here come April!
                        C'mom back and visit sometime in the summer. Err, that would be around the middle of July for a week or so.

Al

Comment

They are prediciting 50 degrees for SE Michigan by Easter weekend. Of course It'll probably drop down to 20 again by next Monday with 6 inches. My snow shovel stays out til mid April. The weather can be frustrating, but I'd never live anywhere but Michigan. Where else can you get all 4 seasons in a 24 hour period.

jeffp

Comment

If "spring is looking up," I have been doing that. Very cold nights so the snowfields above the tree line are really tight in the mornings. The serious sled-heads have begun to high-mark the big cornices. From the relative size of a sled track, I estimate the overhang at 50+ feet. The usual 300+HP with NOX boost.
                            Brian T

Comment

I have some bad news for those of you who follow Punxsutawney Phil. I was snow-throwing my drive this morning, with my big (48" wide) snow thrower when I came upon a bump in the snow. I didn't know what it was, but it didn't look like much so I just ran over it. What a commotion! After some banging and knocking, a stream of debris shot out of the chute, followed by some orange and red streaks, then a big thump and a ground hog flew across the yard! R.I. P. Phil. Mike
                              Matthew

Comment

Working...
                              X