Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from Costa Rica

Hi All,
    I just returned last night from visiting my daughter in Costa Rica for 12 days. All went well, and it was so good to see her.
    The wood down there is amazing. I saw endangered species being used for 2 X 4's to build sheds. I only brought one little piece home with me in my backpack to carve that I think might be mahogany, but it was kind of scary to see how much of their rain forests have been cleared for pasture land, resorts, farming, and developement. What they say about renewable doesn't look like it will be as a resource. Anyway, it was all beautiful, and I am glad to be back with water pressure in the shower, real toilet paper, a fast internet connection (relatively) and the rest of my family and pets.
    It will take awhile for me to catch up on all of the new posts.
    Thor
    Steve

Re: back from Costa Rica

thor,

welcome back glad to have you back home safe,the place hasnt been the same without you.

bart

p.s dont forget about the show in charlotte nc in 2 weeks

Comment

Welcome back Thor, and you were missed.
      Kathy

Comment

Sooo....... Where's all the pics you took while you were down there (up thar, back there, out there) I thought for sure you'd post some by now

Comment

Welcome back Thor. The other night I listened to a show on the Coasta Rica rain forest and how they are dissapearing it's really sad.

Comment

Welcome back, Thor!! We missed you!! Deborah

Comment

Working...
            X