X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beautiful morning up here.

Originally posted by GregGerard View Post
    Hello Mr. Soggy,
    What's your tide fluctuation there? Here, I think we have 4 1/2 to 5 foot average.
    Do you go clam'n out your back door too?
    I'm not sure exactly what the tide range is (not being a fisherman) but I believe it's somewhere around 10-12 feet. I live just to the east of the mouth of the Bay of Fundy which claims to have some of the highest tides in the world. I think tides can reach 40+ feet up in the bay.
    As for digging clams; not right here as the shore line is more mud than sand, but I have only to drive 5-6 miles to find white sandy beaches that stretch for miles. Lots of clams there and so far no pollution.
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Wow, I knew you all had big tides there but that's really big. I bet the currents really rip.
      It sounds like you have a little piece of heaven up there.
      Greg

Comment

Now lets go fishing.

Comment

I've seen some members posts where you catch a glimpse of their backyard view and seen some really pretty scenery. We had a post your picture, and post your shop. Maybe we should have a post your backyard/view. Lar
          Ps Your looks grand!

Comment

Soggy, that is very impressive. What is the average temp. in Jan. & Feb.
            Thanks for sharing
            Carl

Comment

Originally posted by cgm View Post
              Soggy, that is very impressive. What is the average temp. in Jan. & Feb.
              Thanks for sharing
              Carl
              .........I had to look this up (we always tend to exagerate and complain about the weather )so here's what the weather office has to say about it.

Our Nova Scotia weather can prove to produce cooler temperatures during our summers. Average afternoon summer temperatures reach around 25ºC (77ºF) in the interior of the province, but can be 4 - 6 degrees cooler along the coast. The cooling effect of the ocean will keep the temperatures at about 2 - 3ºC below those inland during the nighttime also.

Winter temperatures are moderate along the coast. Yarmouth has an average January temperature of -2.7ºC (36.8ºF) which is the highest of any mainland station in the Maritimes. Inland the temperatures in January average between -4 to -6ºC (24.8 - 21.2ºF).
              If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Working...
              X