Picturetrail upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picturetrail upgrade

Well, I just spent $20 and 2 days upgrading my free website to a paid account and after the fact I discover that anyone who wants to look at my website can't just click on www.picturetrail.com/artinwood, they also have to go to PT Home and type in my user name, douglasridley, in lowercase letters. This makes it virtually useless for its intended purpose, which was to put it on my cards so that when I handed them out people could look at our carvings. As it is now setup people not only would have to know my user name but also would have to find where to put it after logging on to the URL. I asked in advance what my URL would be and they told me, but I assumed that would take people directly to my website. WRONG! I have written to them and asked if there is any way they can change it to a direct link but haven't received an answer yet. If they can't change it I'm going to ask for a cancellation and a refund. I may not get it but I just wanted anybody who is thinking about upgrading their free account to be aware.. I probably shouldn't have expected much for 20 bucks a year so maybe it's partly my own fault.Anyway, that's my story. If any of you know anything about this let me know. I am a very dissatisfied customer of Picture Trail.
    Gripe over, Doug

Re: Picturetrail upgrade

Good Morning Doug,

I just clicked on the PT link that you gave for your site and it took me right to it with no problem at all. I think you might be getting confused with it because as a member you might have to log in, because it then gives you privileges to edit and so on. It appears to be working fine Doug. I also use PT and it works out just fine for people to use the address as you have shown it except mine is of course /bremmers

Good Luck
    Gene

Comment

Doug, I clicked the link and went right to a site called Ridley's or something like that. Only one album showing a pretty gal eating a burger out in the snow, holding up a cut thumb and some wannabe contortionist.

al

Comment

Well, now I am confused. Al went to it and got the same thing I do when I go to it from my wife's computer. Gene says it took him right to my website without having to do anything else if I understood him right. What's going on? Oh yeah, I called my cousin in Mississippi and he couldn't get directly on either. I tried Gene's website( which looks pretty good, by the way)and it took me straight to it. Maybe I have something wrong in setting it up but why does it work for Gene and not Al( or me)?

Comment

Doug,

It works just fine for me.

Chipper67

Comment

Thanks. I'll try my wife's computer again when she gets off of it and I'll try a couple of others this afternoon. Maybe it IS alright. If anybody else wants to try it and chime in here I'll appreciate it.

Comment

Sorry -- when I tried the link I got the girl with sandwich.... nothing about carving

Comment

I too get an album of a gal eating a sandwich. Just that one album.

Comment

Doug, If you really want to be Pi____ off, click on the site you posted, then click on the one album that comes up, then click on GUEST BOOK. TOM H
                  http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

I tried it and got an album that was described earlier (teenager eating something that looks like a snow ball) girl doing something and a guy doing something uncomfortable on a couch. The guestbook was weird too.
                    Good luck with this.
                    I have a registered URL for my web site, and pay about $96.00 per year now for it including registration of the URL. I'm sure you can find a good substitute for a reasonable price if this doesn't work out for you. Owning your own URL is worth it if you want to market some wood carvings. I am sure you can gets lots of recommendations if you need them from folks who go that route.
                    Good luck with that.
                    Thor
                    Steve

Comment

I'm stumped. Why do some get my carving s and others get the girl with the sandwich? The guestbook is a mystery, too.

Comment

Yup Doug, it is working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by AlArchie
                          OK, doug, I figured this out for ya! You have the WRONG url for your albums.....the proper one is www.picturetrail.com/douglasridley

the WRONG one is www.picturetrail.com/ridley

Try 'em and see the difference

Al
                          Ahh, yes! A big difference. LOL

Comment

Looks like that's it!! the reason I had the other one is that is what PT told me to use. Never gave it a thought. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

If you click on just Ridley, you get the girl with the sandwich, if you click on DouglasRidley, I get your site.....Smile
                              "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Working...
                              X